DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air Msg: "..Switch to atti mode.."

UPTGrad

Reactions
Hi. Saw some posts about atti mode for the Mavic Air, but the consensus is that it can't do that.
On one particular day, I kept getting the following message.
I managed to retrieve the screen shot from the log files.
I thought I would share this, as I have not seen anyone else mention this.

The message says in part: "...please switch to atti mode.."
I don't know of a way to do that.

Does anybody have any thoughts on this?

I've flown my Mavic Air here at a park a few times and don't usually get this message.
Why it showed up this day, I don't know.
Mavic Air.jpg

It's a common message in the Mavic logs. I'm not sure whether it is something that has crept over from the firmware from other DJI aircraft or whether it is badly worded message that the FC either has, or will, switch to ATTI. Either way you are correct that you cannot manually switch - unless you have reprogrammed the controller flight mode switch.

Reactions: Surge
It's just the same message for all aircraft, without caring about the fact that some don't let you do that.

Probably because it only has one compass. The pro will show compass redundancy switch message when it encounters interference in flight.

The air is supposed to have some visual compass thing using the vision sensors, doesn't work at night though. Most likely that's getting engaged if you're seeing that message.

The spark flicks to ATTI as soon as it hits compass interference.

Probably because it only has one compass. The pro will show compass redundancy switch message when it encounters interference in flight.

The air is supposed to have some visual compass thing using the vision sensors, doesn't work at night though. Most likely that's getting engaged if you're seeing that message.

The spark flicks to ATTI as soon as it hits compass interference.

The Mavic Pro and Phantoms all display this message at times, so it's not unique to the one compass configuration.

I got this message a few weeks ago while flying my Air in Vermont. It popped up about 5 times during a flight that was no longer than 7 minutes. I was flying it in an area with nothing...so the magnetic interference couldn't have actually been there.

The only thing I could think of was the cold weather. It was about 5-10 degrees F. When I got back home to Florida and did a test flight, everything worked perfectly without any recalibration.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
henryairsoft1