DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Angel battery discharger

LakeTravis

Reactions
though I've been flying drones since the first P2 came out, I never bothered with worrying about LiPo health or maintenance. However, I've read a bit about the benefits of discharging batteries when not in use to protect them and to also net you a bit more power/time when you are using them.

Just curious what those of you who might use these thing overall? Almost seems like a no brainer other than I might want to get a dual unit for my Mavic and either my old P3 Pro or my Mavic and new P4 Pro so that I can do more than one type of battery.

Meme.png

Why not just use the auto discharge function in the GO app ?

There is no auto discharge function, under advanced settings, there is "time to discharge" ais only to tell the battery when to start discharging. This is not as helpful because it only discharges about 10% per day once it starts and that is all you can do. If you go to Msinger's ALWAYS helpful mavichelp.com page, you can see more about how the Mavic Angel works and there's a brief, but informative review that makes a good place to start here: droneownersnetwork.com Phantom Angel Pro V3.0 review. This was probably written BEFORE they had a version for Mavic batteries--they do now. Another overview, but good source is Top tips for healthy DJI batteries

I have two of these. One for my Inspire and just got one for my Mavic.

They really well made and work very well.

I cycle all my batteries after every 20 flights.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

I have two of these. One for my Inspire and just got one for my Mavic.

They really well made and work very well.

I cycle all my batteries after every 20 flights.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots
Great to hear... I went ahead and ordered one last week.

My opinion is they're just batteries, people spend too much time worrying about them. Just use the discharge function from the DJI app to get them down to 65% charge if you don't use them for an extended period and charge before you use them. The whole cycling them down to 100% dead every few uses is unnecessary, they are "intelligent" batteries.
Once they stop working as they should, buy a replacement for $89, or less. If you can afford a $1000 drone, you can afford $89 for a battery.
Enjoy the MP and stop worrying about the batteries :)

My opinion is they're just batteries, people spend too much time worrying about them. Just use the discharge function from the DJI app to get them down to 65% charge if you don't use them for an extended period and charge before you use them. The whole cycling them down to 100% dead every few uses is unnecessary, they are "intelligent" batteries.
Once they stop working as they should, buy a replacement for $89, or less. If you can afford a $1000 drone, you can afford $89 for a battery.
Enjoy the MP and stop worrying about the batteries :)

They worry about them because LiPo batteries can, and DO explode and catch fire--intelligent or not. It IS rare, but it happens, and I've had it happen in the past. It's not a matter of saving $90, while that's not chump change to anyone, I too consider it just an expendable cost. What is important to me is never having another battery explode and, even more meaningfully, getting more minutes in the air when I'm actually using my UAV to accomplish aerial photography. I'm sure you go beyond the very basics of maintaining your Triumph as a matter of safety, performance and a bit of pride, too. o_O

Reactions: mikeroycollins
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mountainmanflyin