DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic arriving today. Any tips?

The first thing you should do is seal it back in the box and send it to me. I'd love to have two. :)Thumbswayup

But seriously. The others have covered many of the basics. Take it slow and easy while you learn it and have a blast!

Thanks everybody for all of the advice. UPS just showed up with it. Mavic only has 20% battery and the controller only has 55%, so no flying today. When it's done charging later I'm going to play with the simulator. Bummer that I can't do it without the Mavic being powered on and connected. Just for safety's sake I'm going to take all for propellers off in case it decides to throttle up...is that a safe way to do it? Is there any downside in case it powers up with the props off?

Thanks everybody for all of the advice. UPS just showed up with it. Mavic only has 20% battery and the controller only has 55%, so no flying today. When it's done charging later I'm going to play with the simulator. Bummer that I can't do it without the Mavic being powered on and connected. Just for safety's sake I'm going to take all for propellers off in case it decides to throttle up...is that a safe way to do it? Is there any downside in case it powers up with the props off?
There is no down side to taking the propellors off. It shouldn't be necessary but many on here do that whenever they are working with aircraft indoors and don't want it to fly in case they make a mistake.

Thanks everybody for all of your help. Did my first couple of flights in beginner mode yesterday. After taking off and landing several times from a low altitude and checking the RTH function I sent it up to 100', maneuvered around a bit and landed safely again. I want to learn to instinctively operate the controls before I send it too far away, but I'm glad all seems to work properly and I at least have some flights under my belt. Now I'm sitting on a plane to Tokyo so no flight time for me for the next week. Bummer!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ErieSkyPixel