DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic body damage

PorkRibs

Reactions
Hello,

Recently my drone was damaged and I was looking for some information on getting it fixed. One of the propeller arms was ripped off the body and actually ripped the screws out that attach the arm to the body. I started an insurance claim and they want to know if I needed to replace the entire drone or if it can be repaired. Now the only way I found was to send the drone in and I guess get a quote. I'm assuming since the body was damaged it needs to be replaced but I don't know. Is there a better way to find out if it can be repaired, or is my only option to send it in?

Thanks

I will. I was just wondering what my game plan would be in a situation like this, but if someone on here could share some insight on whether it needs to be replaced or not that would be cool

Either way I would still need a quote from somewhere with a price. I was just asking if sending it was the best way.

Oh, I didn't realize you would do that. Thank you and I will get a picture as soon as I can.

You can send it to me. I can give you a written repair estimate in one hour and it will cost you $40 plus shipping to and from.

The insurance company should reimburse you for everything including shipping.

If you send it in to DJI, it will take a week to get there, another week for them to know they received it and to get an estimate of repairs, so thats 2 weeks already before they even started to repair it. Add another week to fix it, add a few more days to receive your payment, and one more week return shipping. Total turnaround time is 4-6 weeks for repairs.

My turnaround time is around 7 - 10 days.

There is no way a person can give you an accurate estimate online without physically examining the drone. There might be damage thats not visible to the eye, and you dont know until after it gets torn down.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan