DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Controller / phone handlebar mount

tonynash74

Reactions
Hey folks, i'm looking at self building a mount for my mavic controller. Before posting I read through the existing threads on the forum and also did a general google search, i've looked at the offering on AliExpress

US $4.49 10% OFF|Bicycle Holder Mount Bracket for DJI Mavic Pro/Mavic air Transmitter Remote Controller Ball Joint 360 degree Rotatable on bike-in Prop Protector from Consumer Electronics on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

and the one recommended on Amazon

https://www.amazon.com/RCGEEK-Rotat.../dp/B071JBNFFK/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_pb_opt?ie=UTF8

both look quite good but the second is unavailable in the UK at the moment.

I'm a bit of a tinkerer and I have a left over mount from my P3S, the phone clip that sits on the ball of the controller. Now this when clipped onto my iPhone 7 / Note 8 with controller attached gives me a reasonable angle when offered up to MTB handlebars, now I just need to find a ball the right size that I can attach to a small piece of threaded bar that'll fit into my aluminium handlebar mount for my Xiaomi Yi 4k. I'll update with some pics of the finished item. I like how the controller is mounted in the AliExpress version apart from the height. I my version i'm not too sure i like having the weight of the controller being transferred through the clip holding the phone in the center of the phone screen. That's where my designs come in :)

On the subject of manufacturing a few of these, I've been in touch with some manufacturers of existing camera mount systems and asked if they would be willing to review some drawings and I got positive responses. However I have to go through some legal paperwork on the designs and get some prototypes made before I get anywhere near asking someone to manufacture them. it might even come down to a kickstarter project.

watch this space.

Attachments

• IMG_0931.JPG
    IMG_0931.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 13
  • IMG_0932.JPG
    IMG_0932.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 12
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics