DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Controller vibrating

moswissa

Reactions
Hello guys,

Ive looked around for this topic but found nothing. Anything to do with vibration lead me to the gimbal which is not my issue. My problem is that my controller keeps vibrating as if its getting a text message and it happens every 5 seconds along with the annoying AF beeps. It gets very frustrating when you just want to focus on flying but your controller keeps alerting you as if there is some kind of an alert but there is none. I contacted DJI today and they told me to recalibrate everything starting from the IMU-controller-compass-gimbal-sensors using the DJI Assistant 2 APP. Anyone else experience this? I didn't even know the controller had the ability to vibrate.

Thanks

Controller vibrates for high wind warnings but I always thought it used the phone ???

Last edited:
I think controller vibrates for all warnings, like battery issues, high wind, obstacles, landing, etc. Check out the warning list in your settings to see if something in there makes sense.

^^^^ that is correct and in most cases for me it's when I'm close by and its warning for obstacles. I think its like anything less then 20ft in front of the mavic it will start vibrating. Is this happening to you when your down low or when you up in the open sky? Also facing toward the sun is also know to fool the front sensors and think there is an object.

The string "vibrate" comes up one time in the manual (p.39) and it's about the gimbal in Sport Mode. Another DJI "you figure it out" treasure.

Last edited:
Reactions: AlanTheBeast
I never got any warnings but I forgot to mention that I was flying my mavic inside my living room. Does that have anything do with something?

And all this time I was thinking it was my hands that were vibrating! I get it a lot when flying into the sun when it's
low, thinks it's an obstacle.

The controller does, indeed, vibrate to physically alert you to specific important warnings. No disrespect or offense intended, but that IS something you should know and would if you have read the Mavic manual.

You need to read the Mavic online manual available as a PDF download straight from DJI's website - forget those silly little booklets DJI sent you home with - and fully digest it and understand it to truly understand your Mavic Pro. Do that and then also make yourself sick watching YouTube videos all about the Mavic, which there are plenty of on all aspects of this excellent aircraft. Watch them until you are just about ready to puke. By then, you'll be ready to competently pilot this drone, which is simple in design but complex in what it does.

THIS could be a very stupid question, but I just have to ask it. You did remove your gimbal clamp, correct?

Reactions: mjdb71 and sonof40
I never got any warnings but I forgot to mention that I was flying my mavic inside my living room. Does that have anything do with something?

Indoor flying doesn't explain the vibration, but I'd caution you against any indoor flying. By most accounts, it eventually does not go well. If your Mav is flying in Opti Mode - indoor mode - and gets ahold of a GPS signal it could wreak havoc on you quickly, same as if it transitions into ATTI MODE while flying indoors, in which even more bizarre actions can occur.

The controller does, indeed, vibrate to physically alert you to specific important warnings. No disrespect or offense intended, but that IS something you should know and would if you have read the Mavic manual.

You need to read the Mavic online manual available as a PDF download straight from DJI's website - forget those silly little booklets DJI sent you home with - and fully digest it and understand it to truly understand your Mavic Pro. Do that and then also make yourself sick watching YouTube videos all about the Mavic, which there are plenty of on all aspects of this excellent aircraft. Watch them until you are just about ready to puke. By then, you'll be ready to competently pilot this drone, which is simple in design but complex in what it does.

THIS could be a very stupid question, but I just have to ask it. You did remove your gimbal clamp, correct?

I read those silly booklets and watched plenty videos but never read the PDF. I'm not new to DJI, I owned the p3 and the p2 but it's no excuse for not studying the manual. I just thought it was odd that the controller would vibrate. The only theory I have is that maybe it was alerting me of the nearby objects like my furniture.

The gimbal guard along with that camera cover was removed before flight. Tonight I will calibrate every parameter known to the Mavic then try again.

One more question, is it normal for the controller to excessively beep?? I was thinking maybe the camera auto focused. The DJI tech was confused and said calibrate it first and see if it goes away..

I read those silly booklets and watched plenty videos but never read the PDF. I'm not new to DJI, I owned the p3 and the p2 but it's no excuse for not studying the manual. I just thought it was odd that the controller would vibrate without telling me the alert. It appeared so benign The only theory I have is that maybe it was alerting me of the nearby objects like my furniture.

The gimbal guard along with that camera cover was removed before flight. Tonight I will calibrate every parameter known to the Mavic then try again.

One more question, is it normal for the controller to excessively beep?? I was thinking maybe the camera auto focused. The DJI tech was confused and said calibrate it first and see if it goes away..

Reactions: Anthonyk
Indoor flying doesn't explain the vibration, but I'd caution you against any indoor flying. By most accounts, it eventually does not go well. If your Mav is flying in Opti Mode - indoor mode - and gets ahold of a GPS signal it could wreak havoc on you quickly, same as if it transitions into ATTI MODE while flying indoors, in which even more bizarre actions can occur.

I would think once you take off on ATTI or OPTI mode, the Mavic wouldn't switch to GPS mid flight. That wouldn't be good. I've flew my p3 indoors all the time. Not as stable as the Mavic. I was impressed by the indoor performance

Gee I didnt know this. As I should know this, can you point me to where this is described in the manual. A quick word search reveals a single instance of the word vibrate and it is unlrelated to the controller.

Last edited:
I read those silly booklets and watched plenty videos but never read the PDF. I'm not new to DJI, I owned the p3 and the p2 but it's no excuse for not studying the manual. I just thought it was odd that the controller would vibrate. The only theory I have is that maybe it was alerting me of the nearby objects like my furniture.

You obviously have plenty of experience going for you, which is great. All you need to do, then, is simply familiarize yourself a little more with the Mavic and you will be perfectly fine in no time. Congratulations!

I believe you are on the right track thinking your Mav was detecting furniture, etc., in your home environment when it was vibrating. It's sonar system can be extensive and invadive, as can it's focusing system, too, which MAY have been the beeps you heard as it was striving to focus on the many objects it may have been viewing in the confines of your room. The manual will decipher all of its beeping sounds for you.

The online manual is where the good, need to know stuff is. Sometimes the details are hidden or otherwise made a little difficult to notice, but excellent data is there waiting for you. Again, with your obvious experience, you are only going to have to learn the Mavic's specific systems to get yourself up and running.

I wish you all the best on mastering this excellent aircraft. It's one of the best available, in my opinion. I remain impressed by it every time I take it into the skies. Safe flying and happy filming and photo taking!!

The controller does, indeed, vibrate to physically alert you to specific important warnings. No disrespect or offense intended, but that IS something you should know and would if you have read the Mavic manual

Umm... if YOU had read the manual, you would know this is NOT described in the manual. So there...

I could not find it in the manual. Must have missed it. What page is it on please?

Reactions: CC Rider

Uhhhhhh,

Rule #1 Indoor flying is probley the #1 reason people crash and probley most people first crash.

Rule#2 walls are considered "obstacles" and the Mavic is equipped with "obstacle sensors"

Rule#3 Indoor usually doesn't acquire GPS very good or at all which will also set off warnings.

So you have several things that would cause warnings or vibrations on the controller. Move outdoors to an open area, not flying into the sun and you should be good to go and safe from a crash.

The main reason for indoor crashes is that you are in ATTI mode and easily moved by wind.
And there is quite a bit of wind because the Mavic is causing it.

I think the people that say read the manual are probley like me....... I never have read the manual. I just searched it as others have done and I don't see the word Vibrate in the entire manual.

I see the word "alert" alot more and although they don't always specify what kind of alert you will receive every time I think I found in my own cases I have used what I consider "Common Sense" that when the remote started vibrating and I looked down I had an alert of some sort. Now when I say alert that doesn't mean a hand reaches out and slaps me, it doesn't be a giant red box flashing on the screen blocking my entire view of the camera image and where I am flying. If there is not a box that pops up your should check page 40 and 41 of the manual
https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/mavic/Mavic+Pro+User+Manual+V1.0.pdf
Which talks about the "obstacle detection status" and how it is displayed. It's not a giant warning box but instead a very long and skinny bar that varies in color depending on distance you are form an object.

Flying indoors I would assume that was you main problem but it also could have been gps, which also won't show a giant box and warning message. You can read that in the manual.

Also depending on if you flying with the remote only, DJI GO 4 app or litchi App all the messages and location of the data is in different places and shown different since each screen layout is different.

Umm... if YOU had read the manual, you would know this is NOT described in the manual. So there...

You know something, you just may be right. Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

And I mean ONLY about it being mentioned in the online manual, not about my reading the manual, which I HAVE done extensively, actually, and still encourage the OP to do as well. Might not hurt you any, either.

Truth is, I've made it my point to read as much about the Mavic as is possible, so there is a possibility that I may have misattributed the info about the controller vibration being in the online manual when it MAY have been in something else I read. If so, by all means mea culpa, sirs and ladies. Not being as perfect as some other folks here apparently are, I'm not going to say either way at this point, until I have my manual in my hands again. However, the points I made remain valid and true and I happily stand by them.

Familiarity with the Mavic is paramount and is often lacking by many of its pilots. The controller vibrates some important warnings, something every Mavic pilot should know about otherwise the warnings are totally lost on them. Mavic pilots should exhaust every learning tool available to them.

Oh yeah, and one last thing: ALWAYS double check the manual first before you casually refer to it in an attempt to lend another person a helping hand. This Forum has folks in it ready to pounce on you in a minute if you don't!!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan