DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Controller vibrating

It very well could be. I'm using the iPhone 6. I'll look into how to calibrate it
First, to calibrate any phone compass.
Find in apps your compass app. If yo do not have one then download a compass app from store.
Open app.
Now rotate phone round its axis 360° all directions. Done.

When using phone in Mavic RC and bottom radar map is not accurate to compass direction then rotate your phone in arms 180°
Its due to your phones compass sensor is in the corner of phone and is close to RC stick, which uses tiny magnets to work(hall effect), and has an influence on your cell phone compass. By rotatating phone 180° you move phone sensor to bottom, far enough away from RC sticks for phone compass to work properly.
You will have to use a different USB lead to conect phone to RC as port is now on right side and you will have to use bottom USB port.

Reactions: FoxhallGH
First, to calibrate any phone compass.
Find in apps your compass app. If yo do not have one then download a compass app from store.
Open app.
Now rotate phone round its axis 360° all directions. Done.

When using phone in Mavic RC and bottom radar map is not accurate to compass direction then rotate your phone in arms 180°
Its due to your phones compass sensor is in the corner of phone and is close to RC stick, which uses tiny magnets to work(hall effect), and has an influence on your cell phone compass. By rotatating phone 180° you move phone sensor to bottom, far enough away from RC sticks for phone compass to work properly.
You will have to use a different USB lead to conect phone to RC as port is now on right side and you will have to use bottom USB port.
Ahhh - very clever! Good explanation for something that I've seen come up a few times in the Forum. Thanks ... Is this something that seems to effect iPhone more than Android??? Or is it just a design thing in that it depends where the sensor ends up in the iOS or Android phone??

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacjes