DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

mavic controller with iphone with otter box

rumblefish

Reactions
i have an otterbox on my iphone and dji cable (that is at a 90 degree angle) that comes with the controller doesn't fit with my otterbox on. I have to take off the otterbox which is a PIA.

Anyone know a lighting cable that goes in straight for the controller?

Reactions: PowerT1998
You can find some lightning cables that can be used with the bottom USB port here.

Last edited:
so a iphone lightning cable will not work running it from the iphone to the USB port in the bottom of the controller?

Yes, that'll work. That's how I'm using my iPhone since I have it in an Otterbox case.

You'll need to remove the cable from the left side of the remote controller when using the bottom USB port.

Reactions: TerKelDing
I bought the 90° one that Drone Valley is selling. It works well with my iPhone 7 and iPad that both are in otterbox defender cases.
If you take the three screws out of the ends of each arm, you can slide the rubber grippers out and the arm will hold the iPhone otterbox just fine. It did in my case anyway.

I bought the 90° one that Drone Valley is selling. It works well with my iPhone 7 and iPad that both are in otterbox defender cases.
If you take the three screws out of the ends of each arm, you can slide the rubber grippers out and the arm will hold the iPhone otterbox just fine. It did in my case anyway.

Could you please be kind a post some pics of your setup?

Thanks

Could you please be kind a post some pics of your setup?

This shows the Rubber taken out to accept a thicker case..... there are two rubber grippers on each side and in my case I removed just one..... But I had to add the rubber band because I needed something "grippy" that would grip the silicone case on my iPhone.... I think you will get the idea on what needs to be done.

FrankenMavic Remote3.JPG

Reactions: playboz
This shows the Rubber taken out to accept a thicker case..... there are two rubber grippers on each side and in my case I removed just one..... But I had to add the rubber band because I needed something "grippy" that would grip the silicone case on my iPhone.... I think you will get the idea on what needs to be done.

View attachment 6824

Can the rubber be removed and placed back later on or did you actually scrape it out?

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Wow...great info....
I am puzzling how to get the inserts out. I see three tiny screws on the end of each gripping arm. Are those the screws I need to remove? Also not sure where to get a star screw driver that tiny. So glad to know this is solvable,though. :) I would hate to have to be taking my iPhone 6 out of its Otterbox Defender case each time I fly.
I kept searching and found an answer to my question....T6 Torx screwdriver. This Forum i very helpful. Thx...

I think I have the otterbox commuter case so it's easy to take off. Would've been a pain if I had the defender case lol. Good info here Thumbswayup

Wow...great info....
I am puzzling how to get the inserts out. I see three tiny screws on the end of each gripping arm. Are those the screws I need to remove? Also not sure where to get a star screw driver that tiny. So glad to know this is solvable,though. :) I would hate to have to be taking my iPhone 6 out of its Otterbox Defender case each time I fly.
My iPhoe 6 in the Otterbox Defender case fit nicely after I removed the top rubber piece. You need to removed them both, and then put one back.

i have an otterbox on my iphone and dji cable (that is at a 90 degree angle) that comes with the controller doesn't fit with my otterbox on. I have to take off the otterbox which is a PIA.

Anyone know a lighting cable that goes in straight for the controller?

Try not to lose the screws and rubber grippers. After you decide you want to fly with your tablet you’ll never look back and you’ll need those grippers to hold the tablet mount!!

Try not to lose the screws and rubber grippers. After you decide you want to fly with your tablet you’ll never look back and you’ll need those grippers to hold the tablet mount!!
Amen...the screws are so small they vanished twice in my carpet, even though I saw EXACTLY where they each fell. Finally did find them with some effort. Taped them to the rubber piece I removed so they won't get lost again.

Reactions: Howcroft22
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan