DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic controller with new drones

tccrouch

Reactions
I know the Mavic 2 just came out, but checking if anyone has insider info as to whether you can use your old Mavic Pro controller on the Mavic 2's? Thanks and happy flying!

Sweet, thanks! I have an iPad mount that works with my current remote, in case the new remote doesn't fit with my mount good to know eventually they will be compatible.

Sweet, thanks! I have an iPad mount that works with my current remote, in case the new remote doesn't fit with my mount good to know eventually they will be compatible.
I would be surprised if the MP2 remote could not hold the same devices that the MP remote holds. I thought you were asking whether your MP remote would control the MP2.
I would imagine this would be with reduced range and features.
I don't know the specifics, just what the DJI site stated.

I would be surprised if the MP2 remote could not hold the same devices that the MP remote holds. I thought you were asking whether your MP remote would control the MP2.

I know I'm a little late to the game, but DJI did change the controller enough that THEIR Crystal Sky adapter/mount won't work with the new controllers. The issue is that the slots cut out for the USB connector to slide, are shorter in the new controllers. Just enough so that the pricey adapter will not fit. (The adapter uses those slots in its design, and requires the slots to be no smaller than they are in the Mavic Pro.) I can see no reason - other than making it inconvenient to use CS with M2 and/or forcing OEM mount use - for such a minor design change. There is no visible or technical advantage.

It's funny. Everyone else's tablet mounts designed for Mavic Pro will go on working. But DJI's will not. Sadly, I don't like everyone else's design since all other mounts either put the device above or below the controller, and something will be blocked from view. The DJI design (for MP) mounts on the same plane as the controller, so nothing is blocked. With the CS 5.5 (at least for me) that was ideal.

I know the Mavic 2 just came out, but checking if anyone has insider info as to whether you can use your old Mavic Pro controller on the Mavic 2's? Thanks and happy flying!

The Mavic 1 controller will currently not link to Mavic 2.

I know I'm a little late to the game, but DJI did change the controller enough that THEIR Crystal Sky adapter/mount won't work with the new controllers. The issue is that the slots cut out for the USB connector to slide, are shorter in the new controllers. Just enough so that the pricey adapter will not fit. (The adapter uses those slots in its design, and requires the slots to be no smaller than they are in the Mavic Pro.) I can see no reason - other than making it inconvenient to use CS with M2 and/or forcing OEM mount use - for such a minor design change. There is no visible or technical advantage.

It's funny. Everyone else's tablet mounts designed for Mavic Pro will go on working. But DJI's will not. Sadly, I don't like everyone else's design since all other mounts either put the device above or below the controller, and something will be blocked from view. The DJI design (for MP) mounts on the same plane as the controller, so nothing is blocked. With the CS 5.5 (at least for me) that was ideal.

I must be a super genius or something... I've heard this complaint several times and I have two CS monitors myself so I understand your frustration but the reason for this design change is obvious. REMOVABLE STICKS. The CS also doesn't work with the Mavic Air for the same reason. The slots had to be moved and the arms are thicker to accommodate the stick storage.

I'm honestly surprised that this wasn't obvious.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13