Its the power

To make it easy think of it as a hifi,
40w standard hifi
100w loud hifi
500w a pub sound system
10,000w small festival

the more power the louder it gets and the further the sound travels

The more power the signal has the further it will travel
Ah I see. So how can I apply this to the Mavic?

Can .700 be used with the Fcc modification?

Probably the simplest way is to change your country setting to United States and keep your device in airplane mode.

There are several YouTube videos that are pretty simple and walk you through steps to modify the Mavic. Many of them involve rolling back the firmware to .700 and below to get these mods to work. They are not hacks, but back doors left opened by DJI. Those doors are being locked with the latest firmware.

Search for Simi Travels on Youtube to see one of several solutions for FCC mode.

Reactions: mavic6611
Probably the simplest way is to change your country setting to United States and keep your device in airplane mode.

There are several YouTube videos that are pretty simple and walk you through steps to modify the Mavic. Many of them involve rolling back the firmware to .700 and below to get these mods to work. They are not hacks, but back doors left opened by DJI. Those doors are being locked with the latest firmware.

Search for Simi Travels on Youtube to see one of several solutions for FCC mode.
Yes I looked at simi Travels. It can be done through the go 4 app but only on the earlier firmware or app versions, I can't remember which it is tho. I'm currently on. 900 but it won't allow me to do the multiple tapping on the screen to open up the CE to Fcc mode.

Is it a new Mavic?

If it is, given the absurd low range, the strongest probability is that you have a dud controller, with the antennas wiring disconnected.

MK

Also had problems with range. Mavic used to RTH at 1.5 km.

Not sure, but seems like relinking the controller and upgrading firmware did the job. Now I get 4km on an open field during sunny day in the morning. But still not as much as promised.

Also had problems with range. Mavic used to RTH at 1.5 km.

Not sure, but seems like relinking the controller and upgrading firmware did the job. Now I get 4km on an open field during sunny day in the morning. But still not as much as promised.
Have you upgraded the firmware to 1000?
How do you go about re linking the controller?

Have you upgraded the firmware to 1000?
How do you go about re linking the controller?

Yes, it was 1000 . I relinked it through DJI GO4 app. The same procedure as when you got a new bird.

Just returned home after another test. Seems it is working. I flew in a remote area with no wifi signals or radio towers (not sure about influence of those). Started from a hill, flew over forest and fields for 5,8 km and landed with 1/5 signal sticks on the controller.
Only thing I have changed since last flight was to disable wifi, cellular on the phone. Generally it seems that the range varies according to the air humidity, mag interference and other factors. I did my best and cant reach the promised 7 km (not saying about 12 in the US).

I'm going to have to try this method then. Did you find that
.900 lost signal massively compared to. 1000?
I can't remember the procedure to re link the controller? Can you remind me of the steps please mate

Yes, it was 1000 . I relinked it through DJI GO4 app. The same procedure as when you got a new bird.

Just returned home after another test. Seems it is working. I flew in a remote area with no wifi signals or radio towers (not sure about influence of those). Started from a hill, flew over forest and fields for 5,8 km and landed with 1/5 signal sticks on the controller.
Only thing I have changed since last flight was to disable wifi, cellular on the phone. Generally it seems that the range varies according to the air humidity, mag interference and other factors. I did my best and cant reach the promised 7 km (not saying about 12 in the US).
I can't remember the procedure to re link the controller? Can you remind me of the steps please mate

Linking RC in settings as told above.
About the .900. In my case I had multiple problems with this version. Mostly connected with camera focusing, range issues and mid flight obstacle avoidance issues - bird stopping in air with no reason. Since the upgrade everything works for now. As I more and more play with mavic, I can say all the issues on each firmware are coming up after some time. Maybe when the system is fresh with no background errors it works fine. Maybe. Not sure

FIXED!!

The fix came from..

1: A good person sending me a modified Fcc go 4 apk.

2: Re linking the rc

3: IMU calibration

4: Compass calibration

Note: Even the new Fcc mode didn't function like it should until I did the last 3 stages.

Safe to say I'm now in love with my Mavic again [emoji16]

Seriously?!! I've done a range test today in two completely different directions and my maximum distance before rc loses complete signal is 0.6 miles! That's just pathetic!
I'm in the UK so obviously CE mode, but 0.6 miles is a joke!!
Ive never lost signal!! Not even once with the mavic pro. Ive never gone more than a mile and nevet plan to but then again i dont need to fly that far. I prefer low, slow, close in flying over long distance flights.

Well I live right in the middle of nothing but trees all around and I can get 6 miles out with mine. Granted I'm boosted but still before when it was stock I was getting 3 miles easy.

When you went 3 miles how much battery power did you have at the rerun point and upon landing if you can recall?
I'm wondering how far I can take mine and return with at least 20% battery left - assuming a semi rural location, altitude within 200' and 10 mph or less wind?

did the mod apk works on .1000 firmware? Because I cant confirm that fcc is on or not.
I'm currently on. 900 but it's definitely better there's no doubt about that.
Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a sure way of looking to see if FCC is activated. Also if you're having issues I seriously recommend doing an IMU and compass calibration. And definitely do the Rc re linking. Believe it or not those 3 things will solve a multitude of issues assuming you're looking to solve any issues.

I'm currently on. 900 but it's definitely better there's no doubt about that.
Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a sure way of looking to see if FCC is activated. Also if you're having issues I seriously recommend doing an IMU and compass calibration. And definitely do the Rc re linking. Believe it or not those 3 things will solve a multitude of issues assuming you're looking to solve any issues.
worth a try :D

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjauuu