DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic distance is a joke!

Seems like a really odd way to fix what is most likely a hardware fault.
CE range is substantially more than you claim even working 100% legally.

worth a try :D
Let me know how you get on. Do those 3 things and do a test. I'm certain it will cure it. Make sure you do the Rc re linking through the go 4 app. Apparently it's more thorough than the way of doing it by pressing the rc buttons in sequence

Seems like a really odd way to fix what is most likely a hardware fault.
CE range is substantially more than you claim even working 100% legally.
Yep, I absolutely agree with you. When dji told me that, I was like "What?" how can that cure it.. But it solved it immediately!

I'm currently on. 900 but it's definitely better there's no doubt about that.
Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a sure way of looking to see if FCC is activated. Also if you're having issues I seriously recommend doing an IMU and compass calibration. And definitely do the Rc re linking. Believe it or not those 3 things will solve a multitude of issues assuming you're looking to solve any issues.

I've been following but not sure I am seeing an answer - did you get this resolved and get the range you were looking for?

I've been following but not sure I am seeing an answer - did you get this resolved and get the range you were looking for?
Yes I got it sorted eventually. I finally got the range I was after.
All good in the end [emoji3]

So most likely you have a broken connector or wire on an antenna which you "fixed" by operating on an illegal power output (FCC mode) which due to something potentially broken will (i) lead to RF leakage potentially causing interference to nearby equipment and (ii) potentially damaging the equipment due to a unbalanced transmitter, horrible SWR and other things.

So most likely you have a broken connector or wire on an antenna which you "fixed" by operating on an illegal power output (FCC mode) which due to something potentially broken will (i) lead to RF leakage potentially causing interference to nearby equipment and (ii) potentially damaging the equipment due to a unbalanced transmitter, horrible SWR and other things.
Good guess but sorry to tell you that's wrong as it works perfectly on CE mode now

Placebo effect is fantastic.
Knowing what my max range was prior to the fix vs my max range after the fix doesn't fall into placebo. Failing to get to certain locations vs getting to the location after the fix AGAIN doesn't fall in with a Placebo. Blatant numerical readouts on a screen showing max distance before and after the fix, doesn't fall into placebo.
If I'm wrong then now is your chance to show your counter argument and elaborate [emoji106]

Reactions: Clinton1
Let me know how you get on. Do those 3 things and do a test. I'm certain it will cure it. Make sure you do the Rc re linking through the go 4 app. Apparently it's more thorough than the way of doing it by pressing the rc buttons in sequence
Finally I rollback to .400 firmware and get back the smooth control and transmission that lost long long time ago......

Finally I rollback to .400 firmware and get back the smooth control and transmission that lost long long time ago......
Excellent news mate. I'm rolling back to 700 today. Which fw did you roll back from?

I have had a half mile, and 8000 feet distance on the mavic. Same bird, different environments. Local wifi strengths, interference, LOS, they all play a role.

Reactions: mavic6611
When you went 3 miles how much battery power did you have at the rerun point and upon landing if you can recall?
I'm wondering how far I can take mine and return with at least 20% battery left - assuming a semi rural location, altitude within 200' and 10 mph or less wind?
Check out. About 3 miles out. Line of sight.

Airdata UAV - Flight Data Analysis for Drones

Reactions: mavic6611
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman