DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic drifting left or right while flying foward

Yep also when i make it flight straight and that immediately stop it will stop but jump on the site it’s weird. It’s annoying me i sold spark and got this and spark had no problems at al even with damaged propeller was still flying perfect. Par from that stupid wifi connection. I wish spark works like mavic i mean transmitting not over wifi. I would never get rid of it.

Hi.
I have the same symptom. And when MP is hovering, they "float" in most cases on the left side.
Interestingly, after a moment of flight its almost stops.

Yea, the problem seems to go away after a couple of minutes.

I tried the IMU and Compass calibration today, nothing changed it. Still swerves to the left when i'm going forwards.

Yea, the problem seems to go away after a couple of minutes.

I tried the IMU and Compass calibration today, nothing changed it. Still swerves to the left when i'm going forwards.
Do a RC stick calibration.

Reactions: rfc
There have been a few times where I want to fly straight at something a ways off, e.g., a waterfall. I have crosshairs visible in the center of the screen, so I'll position the crosshairs exactly over the subject, and then simply do a right stick up to fly straight forward.

The problem is, rather than fly straight at the subject, the Mavic will drift horizontally ever so slightly (I've seen both left and right). I have to do little yaw adjustments to keep the subject in the center...which basically ruins the video.

So a few questions. Assuming everything is working properly, is it unrealistic to expect the subject to stay deadlocked in the center of the screen if you start from like 50, or 100 feet away? What could be causing the drift? Is this just wind? Does my Mavic require an IMU/compass calibration? Props? When it just hovers after I first take off, it seems pretty rock solid.

Anyway, any help/suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!
This probably won't help with your Mavic drifting off course, but try positioning it close-up and dead center on the subject. Now reverse back and then reverse it in post.

Just chiming in here. I have exactly the same problem and I'm considering sending the craft back and getting a replacement. It makes filming at higher speeds a real problem as the severe is quite extreme even in P-mode on a very calm day. Is this a problem all Mavics have? Check my post history if you want to have a look.

The OP has not confirmed he has calibrated both the gimbal and the R/C sticks.
Until he does this, all bets are off.
Once he does that, if there is any misalignment left, use the right stick not the left stick, to keep the crosshairs centered. As someone pointed out, Tripod mode makes this work even better.
Finally, another way to do this perfectly is to to align the bird on the target and enable Home Lock.
Right stick forward; never touch the left stick; Voila!

Just chiming in here. I have exactly the same problem and I'm considering sending the craft back and getting a replacement. It makes filming at higher speeds a real problem as the severe is quite extreme even in P-mode on a very calm day. Is this a problem all Mavics have? Check my post history if you want to have a look.
Yes, I am still having the same problem. I've tried running all tests / calibrations, but nothing changes it. It's not enough to warrant any major concern as i'm doing nothing with the footage, but still, i wonder if I should contact DJI

I
Yes, I am still having the same problem. I've tried running all tests / calibrations, but nothing changes it. It's not enough to warrant any major concern as i'm doing nothing with the footage, but still, i wonder if I should contact DJI

I would definitely contact them if I were you. Why pay $1000+ for a drone that doesn't work the way it should? I wouldn't.

Glad i'm not the only one having this problem. I see a lot of videos on YouTube / results on Google, from others with the same issue.

It's nothing to do with the gimbal, it's the Mavic that drifts to the left. Even on calm or no wind days. I first checked the props, but they're brand new noise reduced ordered directly from DJI, they're all fine. Nothing added to the mavic, no mods or anything like that.

Haven't run a calibration for a while, so il give that a go on my next flight.

Aside from that, anyone have any other ideas?

It's strange, I noticed mine just started doing the same thing - very slight drift to the right in my last few flights. Never had a crash in the almost 2 years owning this --KNOCK ON WOOD!
Redid the gimbal, IMU, calibrate, and even installed brand new props (I thought maybe one prop could have been bent causing this to not fly straight)

No change.
:confused:

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pleopard