DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic in California

NeilF

Reactions
I am travelling to California and would like to take my Mavic.
Is there anything specific / I need to do differently when flying there?
I live in the UK and purchased it in the UK.
Some questions.....Will my DJI refresh work there?
Do I need to get a licence?
Sorry if these questions have been asked before - cannot find any threads.

Thank you. If there are any other things I should know please let me know. I will register with FAA.

DJI Care Refresh can only be used in the country where it was purchased. See more details in the DJI Care Refresh FAQ.

Not fully true. Just bring it home and send it out from there.

I'm from Canada. Crashed my drone while traveling in the UK. Brought it home to Canada, sent it in for Refresh. Got a new one sent within a week or two.

Not a single problem.

Not fully true. Just bring it home and send it out from there.
It sounds like we're saying the same thing. Perhaps restating would help? You can only get service in the country where DJI Care Refresh was purchased. That means the OP cannot send his Mavic to DJI in California to get it replaced.

It sounds like we're saying the same thing. Perhaps restating would help? You can only get service in the country where DJI Care Refresh was purchased. That means the OP cannot send his Mavic to DJI in California to get it replaced.

Yes, that's better for clarification. I was reading it assuming that he meant if he crashed it in another country they wouldn't honour the Refresh warranty.

I still wish I recorded when I crashed it. I was just wasting battery as I had a flight later that day back to Canada.
I had turned it to sport mode so that I could skim across the top of a grain field without the sensors stopping it. I was flying it back directly towards me and paying more attention to my height related to the grain instead of how fast it was coming at me.
Ended up literally diving out of the way before it "spread eagled" into a hedge while trying to stop. Damaged the camera and board.
Really wish I had recorded the look on my face when I noticed I was about to take a Mavic to the forehead!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dominicus15