DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic in Nepal?

Bringing 5 batts and only plan on flying a few min at a time. I only do still pictures so if I can get up and get my shots I hopefully can get more flights.
Be great to see your photo's...I'd sleep with the batteries in my sleeping bag, to protect them from the cold. Many a morning I woke up with my breath frozen as ice onto the pillow indoors !!, it's an amazing trip you'll love it...
I went in 2006 and getting batteries recharged was near impossible, but I'm sure you'll have some more options now

Be great to see your photo's...I'd sleep with the batteries in my sleeping bag, to protect them from the cold. Many a morning I woke up with my breath frozen as ice onto the pillow indoors !!, it's an amazing trip you'll love it...
I went in 2006 and getting batteries recharged was near impossible, but I'm sure you'll have some more options now

Yeah I was thinking the same as far as keeping the lipos warm. Ive read different things as far as the availability of charging in the tea houses during the slower times. Ive got a solar charger for the battery bank for my ipad. I guess I have to be concerned about that getting too cold too.

At this point im trying to decide whether to bring a 70-200mm tele lens for my dslr. Thoughts about needing a zoom there?

Yeah I was thinking the same as far as keeping the lipos warm. Ive read different things as far as the availability of charging in the tea houses during the slower times. Ive got a solar charger for the battery bank for my ipad. I guess I have to be concerned about that getting too cold too.

At this point im trying to decide whether to bring a 70-200mm tele lens for my dslr. Thoughts about needing a zoom there?
I suppose it's down to personal choice, for me...its a definitive no I wouldn't bring a 70-200mm. For landscape I'd use wide/pancake lense 90% of the time.
Your already packing a lot of equipment(mavic), potentially trekking in fresh deep snow in december.
Even if you're using local porters to carry equipment, on a 10+ day trek there not always going to be right next to you when you need your stuff.
Some days the porter team start early/late to cut trails in fresh snow etc so can be a few hours ahead or behind.
So that leaves you carting all your essential equipment so you can have it at hand...so travel very light.
Btw...many trekkers over burden porters with excess weight - as a rule each porter will carry 18kg. That for 2 people if your not camping...so you got 9 kgs excess, so choose wisely!!

Reactions: newnan3
I suppose it's down to personal choice, for me...its a definitive no I wouldn't bring a 70-200mm. For landscape I'd use wide/pancake lense 90% of the time.
Your already packing a lot of equipment(mavic), potentially trekking in fresh deep snow in december.
Even if you're using local porters to carry equipment, on a 10+ day trek there not always going to be right next to you when you need your stuff.
Some days the porter team start early/late to cut trails in fresh snow etc so can be a few hours ahead or behind.
So that leaves you carting all your essential equipment so you can have it at hand...so travel very light.
Btw...many trekkers over burden porters with excess weight - as a rule each porter will carry 18kg. That for 2 people if your not camping...so you got 9 kgs excess, so choose wisely!!

Im bringing a 24-70mm as is. Im super tempted to bring my 70-200mm as Ive read a lot of recommendations but I know in the thin air it would be a pain. If I didnt bring it I would bring a 50mm as a backup.

whats up Guys I'm flying into Kathmandu this Saturday with my Mavic Air. Will I have an issue getting it through Airport?

Yeah but I would check the carry on weight limit for your airline. Theyre all different.....flying over to Kathmandu I had to check my drone and dslr :(

Hello all,

I'm going to Nepal in 1 week and totally forgot to check the drone permits for Nepal! (stressing)
So I was wondering if after all the permit was needed or not? Can we just use the drone without permit away from the city's etc or do we need a permit no matter what and where you are going to film?
Any tips for taking it with you? You need to tell someone you got it with you (controle posts or...?)?

I saw all the reactions, so I assume that bringing your drone with you (Mavic Air) in your handbagage isn't a problem at the control posts? nor all the spare batteries where?

We can (and will) not fly around Kathmandu and other city's I suppose ? so only nature shot will be allowed?

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andrefu