DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic long range test leaderboard.

marky153

Reactions
Did a long range test, no wind and returned when battery smart rth kicked in.
Returned in sport mode.
Can anyone beat this?
ec2cecaadc734007c3b676d01ce8a16c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Guys I just cleaned this thread up and hope not to have to do it anymore .
Agree or Not but please don't get disruptive ,think before you post and stay on topic .
If I got your post it was because it was in line with the main one I got and yours looked out of place.Sorry
Think.jpg Thank You .
Also if I got your post in clean up it was because it looked out of place
as it was in reference to the first one I deleted .

Last edited:
6.7 miles! That's impressive!

I'm curious how far the mavic can fly in one direction, perhaps with a little breeze. I'm thinking about the passenger in a car controlling mavic over some sparsely populated farmland.

Anyone know of any such test?

Reactions: AgentOrange2015

I'm curious how far the mavic can fly in one direction, perhaps with a little breeze. I'm thinking about the passenger in a car controlling mavic over some sparsely populated farmland.

Have not heard or seen such a test on the Mavic flight distance but consider this. Instead of a car, how about using a pickup truck and have a seat installed behind the cab of the truck. Ideally, it would be nice to have a truck with a rear sliding glass window so that the Operator and Driver were in constant contact, that way the pilot of the Mavic can keep eyes on the drone at all times. Ideally, it would even be better to have a Drone Spotter beside the Mavic Pilot so that the pilot can totally focus on flying. The Pilot would just need to have the Mavic Controller and let the Spotter hold the iPad Mini, ipad Air or what have you. The iOS cable is plenty long enough to go between the Pilot and Spotter (Video Pilot) if they sit close enough in the back of the pickup truck.
Two race car seats with Shoulder Harness installed should meet safety guide lines for vehicle passengers, especially when it comes to sitting on the floor of a pickup truck. I have heard that some states have made it illegal to sit in the back of a pickup truck, so you may want to make sure your not breaking the law if you attempt to follow this suggestion. If you do, it is at your own risk. I live in Arkansas in the mountainous part of the state, so it is almost impossible for me to accomplish this record breaking one way trip for the Mavic, which I believe, would have to be made over flat farmland on some country back road as not to draw attention to ones self or truck. Good luck to anyone trying to set a one way distance record for the Mavic, wish it could be yours truly. I own a Jeep Wrangler Unlimited with removable roof, so I still might be able to go after the record.

Pretty long flight but let's face it: Quadcopters like the Mavic are really not efficient long-distance fliers. A fixed-wing radio-controlled aircraft is what you want to play with if you want to do long distance flights. A fixed-wing aircraft can use relatively small motors and propellers and also direct all of its thrust horizontally because its wings handle the responsibility of providing lift for the aircraft. Quadcopters, on the other hand, need relatively large battery-slurping motors and propellers because they are always frantically working against gravity to keep the aircraft from falling from the sky. We may be able to impress other Mavic owners with long flight distances but we're not likely to impress owners of fixed-wing RC aircraft with our flight distances or our flight times.

Here's a video of someone that flew 14 miles, with the passenger controlling the drone.

Worked petty well

Reactions: AnzacJack

Here's a video:

Here's a video of someone that flew 14 miles, with the passenger controlling the drone.

Worked petty well

It's a fun flight, but not particularly special. They are flying with the wind and driving along side the Mavic. The mavic flying with the wind will fly very efficiently. Keeping a close distance to mavic makes for solid communication. Real distance tests are done round trip where the signal, battery endurance, and pilot skill are put to the test.

Did a long range test, no wind and returned when battery smart rth kicked in.
Returned in sport mode.
Can anyone beat this?
ec2cecaadc734007c3b676d01ce8a16c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots
This is my longest flight to date

20,234 feet (3.83 miles) from where i was standing. Total distance was 40,872 feet. 100% bone stock mavic pro and controller.

No add-ons of any kind.

When i landed i only had 12% battery left.Screenshot_2018-05-09-16-03-59-1.jpeg

Reactions: Youser
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magic31