DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic loss of connection between app

Jjseiko007

Reactions
Good morning can anyone tell me if they are losing connection between the app and your mavic the video feed on mine goes black and I have to restart app to get video again are there any fixes thanks for your time

Nougat and Go4 version 7 can have problems. No problems on Marshmallow for me. And Regular Go with Nougat is even worse. Dadgum Nougat I hate the interface changes too. Way too Apple like.

Good morning can anyone tell me if they are losing connection between the app and your mavic the video feed on mine goes black and I have to restart app to get video again are there any fixes thanks for your time
Thanks but I'm actually using an iPhone 6plus

So I have the 6S+ as well, and this is what i do before each flight and haven't had any image transmission errors since doing these steps:

It may not work for everyone, but as soon as the transmission error came up I did a little research and compiled these steps to correct my problem. Hope this helps.

-Take case off IPhone (I find it sits in the Mavic controller better)
-Turn on Mavic Controller
-Turn on DJI App
-Turn on Mavic (let it initialize IMU, then calibrate compass)

Then.....

Go into settings on IPhone:

-Turn Airplane Mode on
-Turn Low Power Mode off
-Make sure there aren't any background apps running before returning to DJI App.
-Take off and enjoy

So I have the 6S+ as well, and this is what i do before each flight and haven't had any image transmission errors since doing these steps:

It may not work for everyone, but as soon as the transmission error came up I did a little research and compiled these steps to correct my problem. Hope this helps.

-Take case off IPhone (I find it sits in the Mavic controller better)
-Turn on Mavic Controller
-Turn on DJI App
-Turn on Mavic (let it initialize IMU, then calibrate compass)

Then.....

Go into settings on IPhone:

-Turn Airplane Mode on
-Turn Low Power Mode off
-Make sure there aren't any background apps running before returning to DJI App.
-Take off and enjoy
Great thanks for the help have a good day

Here the same,

iPhone 6S and during the flight Black screen "disconnected" a minute later connection again.... some minutes later the same i pull out the connection cable and put it back and got connection again... and that several times.

i have cleaned the connections and fly in airplane mode

very disapointing....

i fly in airplane mode on my iPhone 6S

Yes I have on occasion. But if you still want internet connection you can switch to 3G. Seems the 4G or LTE signals affect the connection to RC. I don’t know if it’s the same on TMSC chips. I have an Intel chip in my phone.

Get rid of the small USB cable that came with your remote and just use the USB port on the bottom of your transmitter. For some reason the supplied cable to connect with your iPhone is unreliable and causes intermittent operation. I've had no drop outs or crashes. I use an iPhone 6s Plus.

Reactions: Nikon1

Try enabling 3G mode on your phone before flying. I’ve not yet had a disconnect when doing this but have regular on 4G.

Get rid of the small USB cable that came with your remote and just use the USB port on the bottom of your transmitter. For some reason the supplied cable to connect with your iPhone is unreliable and causes intermittent operation. I've had no drop outs or crashes. I use an iPhone 6s Plus.
Do you leave your case on?

The phone being secure is not the concern but the supplied lightning cable.

I know you said you don't use it, but for those that do most cases don't allow for it to plug in all the way due to the case thickness. So that compounds the problem a bit. I do believe the shielding on the supplied cable may be the culprit.

While using an actual lightning cable from apple may be a better option, it just seems pointless to me just to maintain cellular connectivity. As I don't want any unforeseen interruptions.

Everyone has different things going on with their lives, so I understand the need for connectivity.

For me, when I fly it's my time that I like to enjoy uninterrupted.

Here the same,

iPhone 6S and during the flight Black screen "disconnected" a minute later connection again.... some minutes later the same i pull out the connection cable and put it back and got connection again... and that several times.

i have cleaned the connections and fly in airplane mode

very disapointing....
Good afternoon
I stopped using the small cable that came with the remote to connect my phone I bought a 1 ft USB to lightning cable and plug this into the bottom of the remote than to my phone this has completely stopped the disconnection issue for me hope it works for you have a good day

Reactions: Erik Janssen
I've found a solution, it's working, I'm happy because it finally works ! I'm unhappy because I had to pay extra 25€ for a software... ;)

i think it is not the cable and not the phone but an interference problem with the 4G. It depends of your provider and the 4G band that is in use.
Disable the 4G and your problem is over.
This explain that some never had this problem and some always. Using the second usb port can also fix the interverence problem.

Reactions: Rabid Machina
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d