DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Lost Connection

Nalith

Reactions
Hi All

I have had my Mavic since December, flown over 50 flights without a single issue until two days ago. I was flying my Mavic up a river in a canyon for about 800m when I turned around. About 200m from me, in perfect sight I lost all video on my phone (Samsung S7 Edge). I tried force closing and reopening the app + reseating the USB cable, no luck. I had to eventually fly my drone back using LOS. Are there any known fixes for this as I am now worried about flying my drone out of sight and having to rely on RTH if it happens.

The flight can be found here Airdata UAV - Flight Data Analysis for Drones

While this happened though my transmitter seemed to be restarting as the screen kept on initialising. Could it be that my phone was for some reason drawing to much current and caused the USB port to freeze?

I am running the latest version of the firmware.

Thanks!

RTH works really well, you should have confidence in it. Flying visual from a distance will work right up to the point you see someone else's drone and think it is yours(happened to me, luckily I stayed calm and assessed the situation before making any maneuvers and realized the drone I was looking at was another Mavic.). You might want to do some RTH test to gain confidence in it. I have even tested it by totally turning off my controller, no problem for the Mavic.

Reactions: Karl2951
Hi guys
I have to say that I have similar situations ( I just started to search in forum and found this thread). The problem with me is even bigger, because I lose video link during almost every flight. I am using Samsung Galaxy S5 and I though that the phone might be the issue. Swap it to Galaxy Tab S, no effect. I changed the cables. No effect. I have made tests in various locations, and almost always I have some picture interference and lost of a picture at a certain moment. The firmware and software are up to date. I moved to Lichi, same thing (maybe slightly better but I haven't flown that much on it to make a proper assessment).Today, the mobile device lost connection while the drone was like 10 meters away from me, in direct line of sight. Also, some times I have a lot of interference (purple line that cover 2/3rd of the screen).
Any ideas what can be done will be very appreciated. Thanks

Hi guys
I have to say that I have similar situations ( I just started to search in forum and found this thread). The problem with me is even bigger, because I lose video link during almost every flight. I am using Samsung Galaxy S5 and I though that the phone might be the issue. Swap it to Galaxy Tab S, no effect. I changed the cables. No effect. I have made tests in various locations, and almost always I have some picture interference and lost of a picture at a certain moment. The firmware and software are up to date. I moved to Lichi, same thing (maybe slightly better but I haven't flown that much on it to make a proper assessment).Today, the mobile device lost connection while the drone was like 10 meters away from me, in direct line of sight. Also, some times I have a lot of interference (purple line that cover 2/3rd of the screen).
Any ideas what can be done will be very appreciated. Thanks

Sounds like a phone or cable connection issue more than something with the drone or controller.

Just had this happen 10 min ago. Controller still worked, but phone was reporting a lost connection. Thankfully had LOS and brought it back without problem, but this could have ended very badly as this was a commissioned flight with LOTS of people under it. We need to find what this problem is.
Phone is a Pixel and the physical connection was solid.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hiinthesky