DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Mini best propeller holder

I made 2 cutting a Velcro wire strap down the centre, works a treat, was going to order something purposely made but my wife threatened divorce for some reason, she thinks I love my Mini more than her, she’s wrong of course I love them both the same. image.jpg

I sliced up the bag the props came in and have a large supply of free prop holders. Never had a problem in the case since.

20200505_180315.jpg

I have yet to receive my Mini (and my first post on this forum)... Do you NEED a propeller holder? Can you damage props or rotors if you don't use them when transporting? I'd not seen those for other drones.

First post here but useful, I hope. I cut some strips from a resistance/exercise band (Theraband, etc - cheap to buy on Amazon), made some slots to half the width and use that to hold the blades. It's very soft, thin and stretchy and doesn't add any significant bulk to the blades so still fits comfortably in the Fly More case.

bladeholder.jpg

Reactions: Kyle76
I have yet to receive my Mini (and my first post on this forum)... Do you NEED a propeller holder? Can you damage props or rotors if you don't use them when transporting? I'd not seen those for other drones.
Welcome to the forum.

The big issue with the Mini props is that they are a very thin flexible material and can be deformed by pressure. If you get the DJI FlyMore kit, the case has a built-in depression to accommodate the props but they swing very freely and so can be misaligned as placed into that case and pressure can deform them. The drone will not fly properly if deformed props.

I guess the same can occur depending on how you transport and store the drone.

Therefore, both commercial prop guards and various home-grown solutions to keep them aligned when stored.

Welcome to the forum.

The big issue with the Mini props is that they are a very thin flexible material and can be deformed by pressure. If you get the DJI FlyMore kit, the case has a built-in depression to accommodate the props but they swing very freely and so can be misaligned as placed into that case and pressure can deform them. The drone will not fly properly if deformed props.

I guess the same can occur depending on how you transport and store the drone.

Therefore, both commercial prop guards and various home-grown solutions to keep them aligned when stored.
Thank you. I'd not been aware of any of those things before.

Reactions: ff22
Hi all,

I'll put my two cents into DIY Propeller Holders ecosystem: Ribbon & velcro

No motor speed warnings up to now ;)

I hope it helps

R.

Reactions: ff22
Just received option 2 in OP's list and I am genuinely scared of how much it will bend the top prop blades. The bottom blades are nice and loose but secure in the holder's cutout however you have to stretch the top strap over the craft to clip on the button and that extra stretch applied a bit too much pressure for my liking on the top blades so i let the top blades loose and just sit there.

Thinking of buying a silicon cover for the top blades like option 3. Would be nice to get this in red.

I have placed a piece of foam in the case, where the gimball protective case touches, this raises the bird a bit and in combination with the red wrapper as seen in the picture the props underneath never touch anything. I leave the controller sticks attached and close the case, to make sure the upper props are not pressured either.
I have about 150km in the last 3-4 months with no error ever and no prop replacement.
e1fa8194d59ab9e323f2e9c2e3b026dd.jpg
d2115981d9d3f84005e57460214fa4df.jpg

Reactions: shaneb50
I have placed a piece of foam in the case, where the gimball protective case touches, this raises the bird a bit and in combination with the red wrapper as seen in the picture the props underneath never touch anything. I leave the controller sticks attached and close the case, to make sure the upper props are not pressured either.
I have about 150km in the last 3-4 months with no error ever and no prop replacement.
e1fa8194d59ab9e323f2e9c2e3b026dd.jpg
d2115981d9d3f84005e57460214fa4df.jpg

Great idea.the foam should help out [emoji846][emoji106]

I've seen alot of complaints that the mini doesnt fit in the fly more combo anymore if you use these things, just something to be aware off I guess.

I've seen alot of complaints that the mini doesnt fit in the fly more combo anymore if you use these things, just something to be aware off I guess.

Well it fits well in mine, and it’s the original box from the combo package.

I use the number 3 silicone protectors.so far I have no problems with using them.
However they tend to come off when taking the drone out of the case

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scaredycat