DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic new propellers cage

Easy boss, you're opinion is just as valid as mine. I think another 0.4 of a pound by the time it gets to the ground will be ever so more dangerous than without.

I think they would be great, but telling everyone it's more safe to fly over people and property with them isn't true either. I believe Mavic's fall out of the sky... and the props hitting something is rarely the cause. I've seen many times the prop hits, it free-falls and recovers itself. Lost of crashs are cause by other things like batteries coming loose etc.

I simply just don't like the price. They would be nice for indoor flying, I'm not so sure about falling on people. 1/4lb is a 1/4 more to hit you with.

I agree that the price is not for everyone, but they certainly do serve a great purpose for those flying commercially and need to get close to people. There's no point flying up high with them, they reduce flight time too much and there's nothing to hit up high. They seem to be designed for close quarters flying and indoor flying where propellers do cause the most harm.

They are heavier, but they also spread out the points of impact over a larger area making them potentially less dangerous. The Mavic with these on is still less weight than a Phantom, and so very unlikely to cause harm.

In Australia, if you want to fly close to people you must show that you can avoid harm to those around you, these go well on the way to allowing that.

two really cool vids. practice your Japanese

i need to get these if just for the badass sound

I got really, REALLY bad news for you Captain. These don't stop it from wrecking #1, and it adds weight to it so the falling Mavic just becomes more dangerous.

Yes they may help avoid the occasional bumping and falling. But the Mavic hits things all the time and recovers. I don't think with these it will fix itself as easy. Who knows.
1.2 oz each cage x 4 = 4.8 oz not alot of extra weight to "kill" [emoji12]
Can you get me a smoking deal?

1.2 oz each cage x 4 = 4.8 oz not alot of extra weight to "kill" [emoji12]

Who said "kill"? Why are you " "? Bad grammar.

Any who... what if a gust of wind comes and blows this over? DJI has warned wind and these don't mix well.

These could cause the accident.

I too was very surprised to see the price of these cages but now seeing the engineering and design of them in person I can somewhat understand the cost. Also, these are a very light and large retail box to ship so I would definitely suspect that factors into the price.

I am amazed how light they are and would be curious to see how they are manufactured. I originally thought they were a wire basket but was quite surprised to see them be almost a tennis string weave on the baskets. Definitely an interesting accessory and I will mention that these have been extremely popular.

I too was very surprised to see the price of these cages but now seeing the engineering and design of them in person I can somewhat understand the cost. Also, these are a very light and large retail box to ship so I would definitely suspect that factors into the price.

I am amazed how light they are and would be curious to see how they are manufactured. I originally thought they were a wire basket but was quite surprised to see them be almost a tennis string weave on the baskets. Definitely an interesting accessory and I will mention that these have been extremely popular.
I will get them, if the price is lowered a bit. I already have the prop guards which are quite sufficient for what I do though.

Well I solved my order yesterday! We shall see!

Who said "kill"? Why are you " "? Bad grammar.

Any who... what if a gust of wind comes and blows this over? DJI has warned wind and these don't mix well.

These could cause the accident.
LightSpeed, My reply went to the wrong post, happens sometimes when I use my phone in a hurry with the boss coming. Like bad grammar? Stick around I'll give you more! :p

two really cool vids. practice your Japanese

i need to get these if just for the badass sound
Environmental pollution. The Mavic is such a nice quiet bird. No way I will ever use any of those. Possibly very attractive to people who rip the interior of their bike or car exhausts out to increase the noise to 100 dB while loosing engine efficiency. Very good way to annoy crowds you want to film.

Nicely built! But man are they LOUD! They also make the Mavic super heavy! You won't sneak up on anyone with these!
3c794f743b39c4215727a790b822785a.jpg

Reactions: Drope
These are nothing like Prop Guards! Prop guards don't do a lot. These protect top bottom, and all sides.

Reactions: Drope
IMHO the price is nothing to allow commercial flying over crowds and close to actors/foliage. I look forward to using the Mavic in move scenarios without it being a safety issue :D
I think I'll wait until these, or a cloned knockoff from another company, are priced less than nothing. Say $59 instead of $159, allowing some money to buy yet another battery to offset 12 min flight time.

Reactions: 0michael0
I received mine yesterday. I will make a new thread with a detailed review later.

Pros: they are everything they are advertised to be. You can fly the mavic into walls and other objects in tripod mode and it is no big deal.

Cons: They are super noisy. Not like slightly louder than a stock mavic but so loud in confined spaces that I am going to keep earplugs in my mavic accessory kit. Every bit as loud as a cheap lawn mower.

I bought them to film real estate gigs and think they will allow flying inside houses safely and without risk of damage but boy are they loud!

I will test to see if the noise is more from the small propellers or from the added weight of the cages.

I did some preliminary testing today.

Early morning with almost zero wind.

Mavic forces landing at 15% with cages.

I flew one complete battery with cages at approximately 170 feet traveling full throttle in p mode.

Mavic covered 16,078 feet
Flight time: 12:03
Battery percentage: 14

I flew a 2nd mission, where mavic hovered in tripod mode at approximately 60 feet

Total Distance: 491 feet
Flight time: 12:36
Battery percentage: 12

Flight time was almost exactly the same whether flying or hovering.

I did some preliminary testing today.

Early morning with almost zero wind.

Mavic forces landing at 15% with cages.

I flew one complete battery with cages at approximately 170 feet traveling full throttle in p mode.

Mavic covered 16,078 feet
Flight time: 12:03
Battery percentage: 14

I flew a 2nd mission, where mavic hovered in tripod mode at approximately 60 feet

Total Distance: 491 feet
Flight time: 12:36
Battery percentage: 12

Flight time was almost exactly the same whether flying or hovering.

And one more test, p mode full throttle no oa (about 30mph)

Shorter propellers without cages:

Distance: 43,017 feet
Flight time: 17:19
Battery percentage: 11

Observations:

With cages, mavic only travels about 20mph compared to about 30 without (same props)

Battery was almost too hot to hold after flight 2, which is hovering with cages

Battery felt no warmer than usual after fight 3

Without cages, mavic is still noticably more noisy with the shorter props than with the stock mavic propellers. However, short props are still much much quieter than mavic with cages.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
centrespot