DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic new propellers cage

Suppose your a wedding photographer and have your part 107 license. If you want to fly over people you need to apply for a waiver. To receive that waiver, you have to show a plan of action to mitigate risk. This is an obvious solution.

The time reduction has no bearing, as you probably only need 2-3 minutes of flying over the crowd to get the shot. For the rest of the shoot, remove your cages.

Reactions: Drope and RobP62
They should make a cage that protects the entire drone... then you can crash into anything. lol

These definately be rad to have... outdoor in the tight tree shots especially... or shooting crowds of people or any shot where people could be in danger...this would make it ok to shoot where without it wouldnt be

Reactions: Drope
These definately be rad to have... outdoor in the tight tree shots especially... or shooting crowds of people or any shot where people could be in danger...this would make it ok to shoot where without it wouldnt be
I still thinks the DJI Prop Guards are better. They only cost $15 and don't cut the flight time down. Add to the fact they withstand high speeds, according to DJI, and are more portable than lugging 4 cages around.

These are totally ridiculously priced! I'm sorry, but if you need to fly indoors that much then get the Katana. These are nearly 17% of the original price of the Mavic to start with.

I could see $59 or $99 even. But wow they are proud.

Come on CHINA and get us copies at a fraction of the price!

These are totally ridiculously priced! I'm sorry, but if you need to fly indoors that much then get the Katana. These are nearly 17% of the original price of the Mavic to start with.

I could see $59 or $99 even. But wow they are proud.

Come on CHINA and get us copies at a fraction of the price!

IMHO the price is nothing to allow commercial flying over crowds and close to actors/foliage. I look forward to using the Mavic in move scenarios without it being a safety issue :D

I got really, REALLY bad news for you Captain. These don't stop it from wrecking #1, and it adds weight to it so the falling Mavic just becomes more dangerous.

Yes they may help avoid the occasional bumping and falling. But the Mavic hits things all the time and recovers. I don't think with these it will fix itself as easy. Who knows.

I got really, REALLY bad news for you Captain. These don't stop it from wrecking #1, and it adds weight to it so the falling Mavic just becomes more dangerous.

Yes they may help avoid the occasional bumping and falling. But the Mavic hits things all the time and recovers. I don't think with these it will fix itself as easy. Who knows.
There is a video of a Mavic flying through bushes and coming out the other end. With that being said, I'd rather go with the DJI Prop Guards for the Mavic which are $15.

They add an extra 182.28 grams (0.4 pounds) which hardly enough to make it more dangerous, so please don't sprout such sensationalist nonsense.

They don't just "avoid the occasional bumping and falling", they make the Mavic safe to touch. You could fly your Mavic into someone at a low-moderate speed and cause little to no damage since the props are caged. When flying at low levels, most damage is caused by the props cutting skin, this removes the possibility of that happening. It also allows you to fly into shrubbery or indoors without damaging all your furniture.

It's certainly not something to use on every flight, but having the option to safeguard the propellors both prevents them being obstructed causing a loss of control, as well as most damage to property and people should a collision occur.

They add an extra 182.28 grams (0.4 pounds) which hardly enough to make it more dangerous, so please don't sprout such sensationalist nonsense.

They don't just "avoid the occasional bumping and falling", they make the Mavic safe to touch. You could fly your Mavic into someone at a low-moderate speed and cause little to no damage since the props are caged. When flying at low levels, most damage is caused by the props cutting skin, this removes the possibility of that happening. It also allows you to fly into shrubbery or indoors without damaging all your furniture.

It's certainly not something to use on every flight, but having the option to safeguard the propellors both prevents them being obstructed causing a loss of control, as well as most damage to property and people should a collision occur.

Easy boss, you're opinion is just as valid as mine. I think another 0.4 of a pound by the time it gets to the ground will be ever so more dangerous than without.

I think they would be great, but telling everyone it's more safe to fly over people and property with them isn't true either. I believe Mavic's fall out of the sky... and the props hitting something is rarely the cause. I've seen many times the prop hits, it free-falls and recovers itself. Lost of crashs are cause by other things like batteries coming loose etc.

I simply just don't like the price. They would be nice for indoor flying, I'm not so sure about falling on people. 1/4lb is a 1/4 more to hit you with.

I can see your passionate about these baskets. I went ahead about a set from Adventurex! Why not. I want the safest bird when flying over people and property. Plus I can fly through bushes.

I'm kidding, but I did buy a set. Want to fly in my warehouse anyway and this will me really nice. Outside of that I don't see a purpose

Reactions: Foxtrot Uniform
I can see your passionate about these baskets. I went ahead about a set from Adventurex! Why not. I want the safest bird when flying over people and property. Plus I can fly through bushes.

I'm kidding, but I did buy a set. Want to fly in my warehouse anyway and this will me really nice. Outside of that I don't see a purpose
I might consider these, but I'm not imagining myself ever flying in a situation where the prop guards won't be sufficient.

Besides, I just purchased the DJI Goggles, and that wasn't a small chuck of change.

Reactions: Indianapolis
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ad60