DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic not a good camera drone?

Like I said I did a camera reset so maybe that fixed it. I also downgraded to .700
No big, but I'd strongly recommend making one change at a time and then test each time... otherwise, if it gets better, you won't know what change affected the performance. And knowing that may be important again in the future (been there ;)).

Reactions: Flycaster
I cant complain my MavicPro takes great photos & videos, for such a small camera it does a great job
And don't forget you can use it as a Steadycam too! Polar Pro actually makes a handle/mount for just this purpose. I'm getting one next month when it fits in the budget... I've done some "Virtual Osmo" with my MP folded up already, and it's a completely different world than anything else I've ever shot video with on the ground.

It will be nice to be able to easily see the video and control the gimbal pitch by having the phone mounted on the Katana.

PP Katana:

PolarPro_Katana_DJI_Mavic_Follow_Cam_Rig_grande.png

View attachment 15127
i have this problem while shooting at night. i tried resetting the camera but it was still the same. you solved your problem by downgrading the firmware to .700?
What does 4K video look like under the same conditions? How does a framegrab from a 4K video compare to a high resolution snap at the same time?

i have this problem while shooting at night. i tried resetting the camera but it was still the same. you solved your problem by downgrading the firmware to .700?
Shutter speed is only 1/6 seconds there - which is pushing things on a moving drone despite the gimbal's best efforts.
ISO 200 you could go higher there to get faster shutter, and use Noise Reduction later.

I had the same problem and it was intermittent. In other words I would shoot all day and have great success and then suddenly my Mavic was shooting paintings. I would reset the camera settings and it would go away. Then I would change a color profile or change video size and bam. Paintings again. I have sent mine back twice and both times they tell me that they did a $175 camera, gimbal repair that they don't charge me for, but what they really do is put there hand into a huge pile of referbed units, toss it in a box and mail it to me. I am getting the 2nd one next week. Unfortunately as I do this professionally, I no longer trust it. And there is no way of knowing what you shot until after the shoot when you put the SD card in your computer, cross your fingers and hope. So it's now unfortunately Mavic for fun, but Phantom 4 and Inspire 2 for work. I think know what it is, but don't know what to do about it. It believe It's a focus issue. It say's it's focused , but its just off enough so that everything is slightly blurry and the paining effect is nothing more than compression artifacts. I say that because even when it is working the areas that are in focus are sharp and the areas not in focus have that smudgy paint look.

I'm impressed with the Mavic camera, overall. I also have the Inspire1 with Xenmuse X5 setup, and bought the Mavic because it is much more convenient to take through airports, plus I feel more comfortable flying the Mavic indoors. Video and photos from the Mavic are good for me. I started with the Phantom Vision Plus...absolute crap camera...but am really impressed with the progress DJI has made with the Mavic.

Mike Meyer
Columbus, Ohio

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotSure