DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic owners, bad news about the Gimbal ribbon cable

Has your ribbon camera cable been replaced, by you or a third party

• yes

• no

Results are only viewable after voting.
hi enigma, was searching very vigorously with the problems i was facing on my mavic pro, yours was the closest, please bear with me, as i explain you what my drone is suffering with.

firs the gimbal stopped working, not a single crash of my mavic pro, i was surprised as i didnt crash it, i remember reading your post long back regarding the design fault, so got a replacement flex and tried fixing it, it didnt respond,then got a replacement gimbal assembly , this too didnt work, i thought the gimbal control board was the issue, so i tried replacing that too, but for my bad luck, that didnt fix the drone the gimbal just moves for 5 seconds as if it was calibrating and stops moving, no stabilization action, i am not sure weather the replacement parts i got for the drone are reliable, so i want to ask you this thing,
if the gimbal control board is only connected to the power,and to the gimbal video and control flex, will that be enough to see the gimbal start calibrating and start its stabilization work?
or it should be connected to the main board to start working normally?
i am asking these questions to know if my main board is malfunctioning, or should i only replace the gimbal and the gimbal control board to get my drone back to life?

i have already spent so much time and money and then it doesnt work i am getting vexed on this drone , i really loved it !
i am planning to get a total gimbal and control board replacement,
i stay in india, sourcing all these drone parts are too tough in a place like india, and not having proper knowledge of which part has failed, and also getting failed replacement are taking a heavy toll on me.
waiting for your answer,any help is much apreciated
thanks

Reactions: thapunisher
hi enigma, was searching very vigorously with the problems i was facing on my mavic pro, yours was the closest, please bear with me, as i explain you what my drone is suffering with.

firs the gimbal stopped working, not a single crash of my mavic pro, i was surprised as i didnt crash it, i remember reading your post long back regarding the design fault, so got a replacement flex and tried fixing it, it didnt respond,then got a replacement gimbal assembly , this too didnt work, i thought the gimbal control board was the issue, so i tried replacing that too, but for my bad luck, that didnt fix the drone the gimbal just moves for 5 seconds as if it was calibrating and stops moving, no stabilization action, i am not sure weather the replacement parts i got for the drone are reliable, so i want to ask you this thing,
if the gimbal control board is only connected to the power,and to the gimbal video and control flex, will that be enough to see the gimbal start calibrating and start its stabilization work?
or it should be connected to the main board to start working normally?
i am asking these questions to know if my main board is malfunctioning, or should i only replace the gimbal and the gimbal control board to get my drone back to life?

i have already spent so much time and money and then it doesnt work i am getting vexed on this drone , i really loved it !
i am planning to get a total gimbal and control board replacement,
i stay in india, sourcing all these drone parts are too tough in a place like india, and not having proper knowledge of which part has failed, and also getting failed replacement are taking a heavy toll on me.
waiting for your answer,any help is much apreciated
thanks
It's highly unlikely the board is bad if there's no impact damage or water damage, and I would not turn anything on until everything is connected up. When the gimbal stopped working I assume you got the motor overload error and the gimbal slammed around, then that's a sure sign the ribbon cable is defective. Replacement of the cable is not a guaranteed process as new cables can be defective, and the installation is so tricky further accidental damage can easily occur. If I was you I would send it back for repair, then get the dji spark. I've just passed my PfCO exams and flight test using the spark, mavic owners struggled to pass. I highly recommend it if you're not bothered about 4k.

What controls the gimbal motors on the Mavic pro. Is it the ribbon cable or the signal cable?

I am one of the vexed DJI customers who wishes like hell I had not bought this very expensive drone whose gimbal ribbon is total crap by design. Yes i love the stability, the video quality, and the compactibility (compared to my first Parrot Bebop), but these cables break themselves.

I came here to this forum to see if I could find any aftermarket complete gimbal replacement mods, but seeing none, is anyone in Los Angeles who can fix yet another ribbon cable this week? I'm going somewhere scenic for my birthday next week. I guess I have to go buy a Mavic Mini. If you have time to fix this week, i will come to you. Bobby 323.823.9292

Reactions: Enigma

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ehj147