DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pilot Age

34, I already know I act like I'm 10 b/c my wife gets upset when I get all giddy flying "toys" around.

I live in South Dakota, USA

25, going on 12. My first quad was a micro, for Christmas 2 years ago. Flew the little battery flat within a couple months. Got a Syma X5 last August, and finally graduated to a Mavic in December.

My girlfriend is an enabler who bought the first 2 quads and got me hooked, so she gets to listen to me talk about a lot.

Yes, a poll would indeed be easier to see... but it really looks like an "older" crowd is the norm at least based on this thread... (I'm 54)

I talked to DJI at the CES show and it was obvious they were targeting the younger "gaming" crowd with promises of an "unparalleled FPV experience" when they release their new goggles.... which I fear will be large, cumbersome and have bells and whistles I don't need. I told them the whole point (to me anyway) of the Mavic was portability... and the goggles better not be larger than the Mavic itself!

Did everyone give their feedback to DJI? It is obvious they are working on variants of the Mavic - let your voice be heard.... see if this link works, not sure if they sent this just to DJI Mavic purchasers, or if it is an open survey on potential new Mavics: DJI Customer Survey
Will do right now

Hahaha good thread!

52 and living in East Sussex, England.

Not received my Mavic yet, but feel like a 13 year old having tantrums when I'm on the online chat to DJI complaining about their tardiness!!!

Hahaha good thread!

52 and living in East Sussex, England.

Not received my Mavic yet, but feel like a 13 year old having tantrums when I'm on the online chat to DJI complaining about their tardiness!!!

4cough. Living sussex uk. Got Mavic on Friday. Got depressed Saturday when the weather forecast 2 weeks of rain. Still to get the bird airborne outside the confines of my living room!

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

56 and MPOO (Mavic Pro On Order). Been flying the P3S since Christmas and got the bug bad. Also bought a couple of cheap Hubsan's to learn on. Agree with all who said it, I feel like a ten year old again. Way too frigging much fun; are we sure this is legal?

51 born Manchester UK, living in Oxfordshire. Same as a guy earlier I got P3S at Christmas, but already bought the Magic due to the bug......it came Monday, **** rain please go away. I too feel like a kid when talking to friends and colleagues about the new hobby.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using MavicPilots mobile app

58 and feeling great! And feeling even better with this thing that just showed up!!!

R_JThB7EKjISsZoDOZ4Y47l6pbf2NlpKZvyMtmbmpIlYhz51ck3g-ZWHV55viP8CQQLpQihHF0zIirXlvD68mt3uOptjIqo5i7voWm0qMuNa-7KYbK9NcFIGxsaJdiTVu7eVO4fT-wkYGYuaGL7Ntxx0UceN89eNcyC56dLusYTMSCNaouyGQHSmQodcNnA92PeEw4JuSJoYMrG1S8iP74M88Hrr-riYyjXMrHbLqLUmxiOqnoRJAyEAPCvXT7dzTbByO-3X6yM5czpx_oLLzggN0hIcQiyMOvc7iq9lR8Uk0NVdoDXifJQbWYN8_fbOj_sTdhUNQYtGj3SAX8k7UkZk2PsT_3GIjbQxy1-Q7Ch7jumNvTEYOzJeTo16rs0FyWxdfKxSGINmC78gMFpMmGG3TP_KALbXlyNBSOk23D_n_wcL0Psf0-TiEZ-B7nDUMZsw7UWBA4GHlm9G5xSHMGO_54MvauxB3JC1zOthcrHDD-SJeFk-9Ut755oARCzq0EBoUFXmV8UpiVVZah6iS3hIiTqLpbo-fCUcGXOY-ppGl10BfWi-ue9A_qmbWHudsYZ-Wpm207muGNmHOzqChkaXgzVgXqwyy09qFRVHHFrBd9RTjP5_-OtcbEfXileLu3-aKKzg1q9cs-a8yhA_UNMQ70Aa7oWBSyYpZGhFm0swQpaXbH-hiBz0ie7n95aqQ7jQnj00WrIT=s0-l75-ft-l75-ft

Last edited:
Betting the average is higher considering the cost. I was broke in my early 20's. Anyways 30 Yrs Northern Suburbs, Chicago

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Wow, I'd have guessed that the majority would also be in their 20s!

I knew! This is a good thing. The cost is higher so your looking for an established purchaser on something like this. That usually comes with age. The older the wiser is not a wives tail for the most part. Then let's not forget photography in general. Anybody who grew up with it no matter how old stayed up with technology.

This is a beautiful thing. I spend a lot of time at work updating some of our older coworkers on technology and here I see people in 70+ flying a drone that has more technology than your average computer. I absolutely love it!

Comes at a cost although I update them on the technology. They teach me life lessons so hopefully I don't have to make the mistake haha. Keep it up guys! Glad to see people aren't afraid to give something a try! Your never to old and never to young with in the limits of the law of course. I bought my drone as a way to gather footage and decompress as I spend a lot of time traveling and working. It truly does bring a smile.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Last edited:
Reactions: thefrisbee995
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peehead