DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro-2 vs Zoom and P4P - Line Skipping + Sensor Heat?

So,....full disclosure. I reached out to Autel this week to get their opinion on my video and the issues in it. They told me they have definetely been watching it but they could not make any public comments about what DJI is doing. However!....they IMMEDIATELY offered to send me a 30 day demo of their EVO. Within about 2 hours of emailing them, I had a tracking number. So,...I got the impression that they are very confident in their camera and are eager to go into a fight with the Mavics. I must say,...from seeing some other EVO videos, that thing looks VERY impressive. But, I will do a fair look at it. Im pretty excited to do a shootout between them all.
Wow! THat is pretty awesome! Keep us posted!

..Maybe someday we'll actually be told what the solution is/was when the fix for a full readout is found! :)

If I were a betting man, (and I am, ;)) I’d say we will never see this “fixed” because the most likely cause is thermal and it almost certainly will require a hardware change (and not repairable by the user.) JMHO of course.

So you are saying they put together that little box with hasselblad on but didn't necessarily make all the components or they just worked on the colour profile?

Digital camera. Very few companies make their own sensor. Very few companies make their own lenses. In fact, I'd venture to say that most companies don't even make their own camera bodies. In a factory, you typically assemble parts that were made by other companies, that in some cases, are assembled from parts they assembled. Do you think that Hasselblad has a lens factory, a sensor factory, a battery factory, a neck strap factory, a lens cap factory, an led flash bulb factory, a processor factory, a button factory, etc? They design their cameras and program their firmware, color profiles, etc. I have no idea how much of their camera they make themselves a-z but I would venture a guess that it's less than you think.

Last edited:
Reactions: kilomikebravo
If I were a betting man, (and I am, ;)) I’d say we will never see this “fixed” because the most likely cause is thermal and it almost certainly will require a hardware change (and not repairable by the user.) JMHO of course.

I'm not a gambling man but I also doubt that this will be "repaired", 1. Because they've done almost that they can do with the form factor and 2. They probably don't see this as a problem. They have a platform above and below this one available for you to spend your money on.

Tryed to get refund and I waited to long 14 days is what they said, I’m bummed , only can hope they at least get sharper than the soft crap I’m seeing!!!

So it took you over two weeks to decide that you didn't like it? Really? Did you try to possibly exchange it with them for the Zoom?

In any case, I might take it off your hands for $1200. Let me know.

Digital camera. Very few companies make their own sensor. Very few companies make their own lenses. In fact, if venture to say that most companies don't even make their own camera bodies. In a factory, you typically assemble parts that were made by other companies, that in some cases, are assembled from parts they assembled. Do you think that Hasselblad has a lens factory, a sensor factory, a battery factory, a neck strap factory, a lens cap factory, an led flash bulb factory, a processor factory, a button factory, etc? They design their cameras and program their firmware, color profiles, etc. I have no idea how much of their camera they make themselves a-z but I would venture a guess that it's less than you think.
Hi Lon, I'm all cool with that I guess the point is if that is the case then why was it necessary to put hasselblad on the drone at all? I can't think of many cases (if any?) where an electronic device has two brand names on it? It is obviously a shout out to Hasselblad quality but just by virtue of this thread the results for some don't match the quality implied by the Hasselblad brand.

Hi Lon, I'm all cool with that I guess the point is if that is the case then why was it necessary to put hasselblad on the drone at all? I can't think of many cases (if any?) where an electronic device has two brand names on it? It is obviously a shout out to Hasselblad quality but just by virtue of this thread the results for some don't match the quality implied by the Hasselblad brand.

Hasselblad was heavily involved with the camera design, color profiles, etc. Hey 100% agree that it's a marketing tactic as well. I have no problem with that just like I don't have a problem with any other product that promotes some component. You know how Dolby is all over stereo equipment? Does Dolby make the speakers? How about the speaker housing? The chips? No? Why is that okay?

Hasselblad was heavily involved with the camera design, color profiles, etc. Hey 100% agree that it's a marketing tactic as well. I have no problem with that just like I don't have a problem with any other product that promotes some component. You know how Dolby is all over stereo equipment? Does Dolby make the speakers? How about the speaker housing? The chips? No? Why is that okay?
If they were heavily involved in design that is fine, post I referred to initially suggested they were only involved in the colour profile. Good point re Dolby.

So Hasselblad....

* Didn't design the lens
* Didn't design the sensor
* Didn't design the SOC

But they worked on the colour profile?

YET HASSELBLAD is in very big bold letters right across the front of the Camera...

Is that even ethical? Hasselblad is well known for great cameras not great colour profiles yet they had nothing to do with the physical camera itself? This seems very strange.

JPG properties :)

Attachments

• M2P.jpg
    M2P.jpg
    347.4 KB · Views: 52
If they were heavily involved in design that is fine, post I referred to initially suggested they were only involved in the colour profile. Good point re Dolby.

Thanks. Like I said, I'm not saying that it's not a marketing ploy as well. What isn't these days? I'll be honest though and I'm guessing I'm not alone, most people have no idea who Hasselblad is. They would have done better to bring in Canon or Nikon. Geez just put Sony on the front for God's sake! Who hadn't heard of Sony? Hahaha!

So you are saying they put together that little box with hasselblad on but didn't necessarily make all the components or they just worked on the colour profile?
If you search (I can't find it again right now) official comment from Hasselblad senior management was that they developed he colour profile- they flat out denied any assistance with lens development and even said the image processor was sourced from a third party.

History provides Hasselblad hasn't been shy of putting their brand on things they had little to do with the design and/or manufacture of. Just look at the Lunar, Stellar, HV, Stellar II, and Lusso which absent the fancy styling were nothing more than rebadged Sony NEX-7, RX100, a99, RX100 Mark 2, and the a7R.

Thanks. Like I said, I'm not saying that it's not a marketing ploy as well. What isn't these days? I'll be honest though and I'm guessing I'm not alone, most people have no idea who Hasselblad is. They would have done better to bring in Canon or Nikon. Geez just put Sony on the front for God's sake! Who hadn't heard of Sony? Hahaha!
Lol so true. I hold Hasselblad in pretty high regard as a kid I have very vivid memories of seeing black and white images of an astronaut in the very first lunar landing making pictures with a Hasselblad but that was quite some time ago :)

JPG properties :)
I don't think Hasselblad ever designed a sensor- they have always used Sony. They made their bodies for Zeiss glass also. Nether of these issues stopped them putting the Hasselblad name on their products.

They are actually very well known for their colour profiles- arguably their greatest claim to the performance of their digital products (along with fantastic build quality).
Didn't know this always just assumed it was about the glass...

If you search (I can't find it again right now) official comment from Hasselblad senior management was that they developed he colour profile- they flat out denied any assistance with lens development and even said the image processor was sourced from a third party.

History provides Hasselblad hasn't been shy of putting their brand on things they had little to do with the design and/or manufacture of. Just look at the Lunar, Stellar, HV, Stellar II, and Lusso which absent the fancy styling were nothing more than rebadged Sony NEX-7, RX100, a99, RX100 Mark 2, and the a7R.
I really wonder what would have happened if they had not have trumpeted the Hasselblad brand. Would users have been more accepting of current quality? Would less people have purchased the M2P in the first place?. Is going to be very interesting now what we see from any drone maker in terms of "the next model" as the 1inch in MP form factor as created quite a stir!

Dolby is not deceptive because they clearly tell you it's for processing.

Dolby is not deceptive because they clearly tell you it's for processing.

It says that on the stereo? Oh..you already knew that. I see. Well, anyone that made any effort could have found out exactly Hasselblad's involvement. It wasn't a closely guarded secret. DJI never said that they made the camera. They don't make most of the components of their own cameras for goodness sakes. So many of you want it to be some crazy conspiracy to trick you into buying one of the most highly anticipated drones ever...Right.

Dji owns a majority share of Hasselblad from what I have seen. They bought the rights to put that name on whatever they want. That is how the world works.

The Hasselblad name has not meant a whole lot for many years.

Thanks for posting this!

4k60 brings me right back to the hype train and the sudden idea that 60fps is somehow mandatory when during all my time filming, I've always been told that 24fps was the standard.

For me 4K60 isn't hype at all. It's a nice economic way to slow your footage down to <50% in a 30 FPS project with no loss of resolution, which gives really smooth cinematic results.
Of course there is tripod mode for doing similar at full frame-rate, but I like being able to fly faster and pack twice as many manoeuvres into my flight time.

For me 4K60 isn't hype at all. It's a nice economic way to slow your footage down to <50% in a 30 FPS project with no loss of resolution, which gives really smooth cinematic results.
Of course there is tripod mode for doing similar at full frame-rate, but I like being able to fly faster and pack twice as many manoeuvres into my flight time.
You can still do the same with 4K30, but it's highly dependent on your video editor. A lot of them allow for "nearest" frame re-rendering / time scaling options, though this does add quite a lot to the render time.

Results can be quite close to native 4K60 slowed down, depending on the subject of the video.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Inky