DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Battery Mod

I looked at the balance connector and pads on the opposite side. The pads go (ground, V1, V2, V3). Are the external balance leads wired the same way?

The 3S RC battery packs wire their balance leads as (V1, V2, V3, ground)

Yeah I saw that and made sure I had the balance leads soldered up to match the markings on the board.

Reactions: pure3d2
Anyone know witch is the lightest out of the 4200 to 5200
My Thunderpower 4500HV pack is 242g with stock length leads and XT60. Trimmed down should be ~238g.
The 3500HV with short leads is 203g.

cd1c54c772c7b9127c5ea85be3c2a0af.jpg

These packs look ideal for the Mavic.

Last edited:
My Thunderpower 4500HV pack is 242g with stock length leads and XT60. Trimmed down should be ~238g.
The 3500HV with short leads is 203g.

cd1c54c772c7b9127c5ea85be3c2a0af.jpg

These packs look ideal for the Mavic.

Thank for the response. I’m trying to find the lightest and highest mha I can find, the ones you mentioned look good to me

Just for your reference After a lot of multirotor and test where si a very Simple constant for battery weight

Battery weight (gr) = q* mah * n°s
Where q si battery constant
Some q value
Il-ion 0,015-0,016
Lipo low c rate discharge 0,020
Lipo hoi c rate discharge 0,025

Try it lipo hi C w= 4200 * 3 * 0,025 = 315 gr
Lì-io w = 3500 * 1 * 0,015 = 51 gr
Lipo hi C. w = 1500 * 3 * 0,020 = 113 gr
Lipo low c dualsky 10000 hed 3s. W= 10000*3*0,020 = 600 gr

Just for your reference After a lot of multirotor and test where si a very Simple constant for battery weight

Battery weight (gr) = q* mah * n°s
Where q si battery constant
Some q value
Il-ion 0,015-0,016
Lipo low c rate discharge 0,020
Lipo hoi c rate discharge 0,025

Try it lipo hi C w= 4200 * 3 * 0,025 = 315 gr
Lì-io w = 3500 * 1 * 0,015 = 51 gr
Lipo hi C. w = 1500 * 3 * 0,020 = 113 gr
Lipo low c dualsky 10000 hed 3s. W= 10000*3*0,020 = 600 gr

Met Mr. Wizard. That just blew my head apart.

I haven't read this entire monster of a thread, but has anyone made their own battery mod like this? I would seem like a lot of guys here would be able to make these and sell them, considering the $65 cost each and never in stock. Not volunteering - no time for it at all anymore. Seems like quite the markup for a couple XT60 connectors which are not expensive, an LED light, and two strips of copper with slits cut in them. I only see two sites that sell them and both are very pricey. Although I admit when I do the battery mod I'll go this route and not the drill holes and take apart the Mavic and solder onto the circuit board route. Something very unsettling about taking a dremel to my expensive toy. I'd settle for one of these with only one XT60 jack even.
2017-03-02_14.35.56_1024x1024_d6a978fa-73ed-4992-8bd0-b00140d57e37_medium.jpg

I haven't read this entire monster of a thread, but has anyone made their own battery mod like this? I would seem like a lot of guys here would be able to make these and sell them, considering the $65 cost each and never in stock. Not volunteering - no time for it at all anymore. Seems like quite the markup for a couple XT60 connectors which are not expensive, an LED light, and two strips of copper with slits cut in them. I only see two sites that sell them and both are very pricey. Although I admit when I do the battery mod I'll go this route and not the drill holes and take apart the Mavic and solder onto the circuit board route. Something very unsettling about taking a dremel to my expensive toy. I'd settle for one of these with only one XT60 jack even.

I reluctantly must say, @uavmods does a hell of a job, and stands behind what they make.

Yes, they have been made. And they work. But it’s a huge pain in the butt.

I would buy one again. It’s nicer than I could make.

Reactions: cderoche

Take a look @ this one
Post #2625
, not that hard to make, I made this one less the little idiot light. I only wanted just one main input so I built a y connector to plug into this single input from my dual 3000's.

Take a look @ this one
Post #2625
, not that hard to make, I made this one less the little idiot light. I only wanted just one main input so I built a y connector to plug into this single input from my dual 3000's.

Nice, where do you get the flat copper from? And what did you use to cut the slots? I can solder no problem and buy some big shrink tubing to cover the connector, just need the copper material and way to cut a nice slot. Really the only thing stopping me from making my own.

Nice, where do you get the flat copper from? And what did you use to cut the slots? I can solder no problem and buy some big shrink tubing to cover the connector, just need the copper material and way to cut a nice slot. Really the only thing stopping me from making my own.

Well that’s the problem isn’t it.

So the flat copper is on eBay, and it’s considered Art Supplies. Super hard to find. But cheap. Hobby Stores carry it too I think for railroad guys.

Cutting the slits is super tough. We all believe UAVMods uses a CNC mill or something like that. Theirs are spot on.

I saw Cruzroy use a Dremel to no avail, and then finally cut them out and soldered the ends shut.

Did it’s more of a pain than it’s worth. It’s priced knowing that.

Did it’s more of a pain than it’s worth. It’s priced knowing that.

Yeah having access to machine shop type equipment would make this a breeze I'm sure. Laser CNC cutting tool would do great for precision. Dremel tool seems like it would be impossible for such a tiny short slot. I guess it just kills me to pay so much for something that costs $5-10 to make. Understandably most of the cost is the labor in making it. I'll likely just buy one from MaxxUAV next time they stock up. At least it will go to supporting a reputable vendor here, something I'm for anyway. I think the challenge aside from cutting the slots is selecting the proper size copper, both width and gauge. Too big and you risk shorting out the neighboring terminals and the OEM battery maybe not snapping into place right.

I have an extra piece of the Cooper that I will give you like I said it's simple. ..all it takes is just a bit of patience. I cut the little slots into the the copper with some sissors, just gotta have some real sharp sissors and you don't want to get your slots to large, you want the clip to fit snug. I have seen where some people are soldering the clip onto the pins perminatly. Your call on that one. .

I have an extra piece of the Cooper that I will give you like I said it's simple. ..all it takes is just a bit of patience. I cut the little slots into the the copper with some sissors, just gotta have some real sharp sissors and you don't want to get your slots to large, you want the clip to fit snug. I have seen where some people are soldering the clip onto the pins perminatly. Your call on that one. .

I'd think also you could fold in half the copper and dremel out a couple slots and trim to fit. Do you remember what gauge / size copper and where you got it?

I'd think also you could fold in half the copper and dremel out a couple slots and trim to fit. Do you remember what gauge / size copper and where you got it?
The dremel, hummmmm it has been proven not to work. as for as the gauge and size, I have no clue. I will say that it works, no gaps or bulges between the battery compartment seams...I just used common since techniques and I'm ok with the outcome. Of course I have hours of experience in repairing small electronic equipment.

Check this out:
I watched this video...

The dremel, hummmmm it has been proven not to work. as for as the gauge and size, I have no clue. I will say that it works, no gaps or bulges between the battery compartment seams...I just used common since techniques and I'm ok with the outcome. Of course I have hours of experience in repairing small electronic equipment.

Check this out:
I watched this video...

@cruzroy is the guy I saw that did it successfully

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Claybird