DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro dropped out of the sky

The battery was secure before, during and after. Also, just before control/signal was lost,I was lowering the aircraft so I imagine that's the descent you saw. Thanks. At this point I'm hoping DJI replaces it with one from a different build date, as I've read there have been similar issues with others built around that same time.
Scary, my Mavic that just dropped down byt itself was built March, 8th 2017.

Enter the serial number here.
Thanks for providing the link; I thought about it, but felt that considering the info was available earlier in the thread that it might help the poster to become more familiar with the forum if they went back thru and found #5. I believe it helps with redundency, but its not really a big thing, and you were holding true to form by making it easier for everyone to find what they need. thanks

Reactions: mike2992
Hey guys, any help would greatly be appreciated here –. I just heard back from DJI and they are trying to say it was my fault the Mavic crashed and they are trying to make me pay $359 to have it repaired. There is no way it is my fault and I did nothing wrong. It's simply lost control and dropped out of the sky and fell to the ground. Am I missing something here?

Hey guys, any help would greatly be appreciated here –. I just heard back from DJI and they are trying to say it was my fault the Mavic crashed and they are trying to make me pay $359 to have it repaired. There is no way it is my fault and I did nothing wrong. It's simply lost control and dropped out of the sky and fell to the ground. Am I missing something here?

I would ask for another analysis. Did they offer an explanation as to why they think it was your fault?

If you continue to have trouble, you can try posting on the DJI forums and asking for assistance from the mods there. They are often helpful in escalating cases for users.

Reactions: smithlaw
I would ask for another analysis. Did they offer an explanation as to why they think it was your fault?

If you continue to have trouble, you can try posting on the DJI forums and asking for assistance from the mods there. They are often helpful in escalating cases for users.

I did ask for another analysis and it has been several days and no response. They did not say why they thought it was my fault. If it was, I would take full responsibility but that wasn't the case. This is very discouraging.

I did ask for another analysis and it has been several days and no response. They did not say why they thought it was my fault. If it was, I would take full responsibility but that wasn't the case. This is very discouraging.

If you want people to help you here's a word of advice;
  1. Please make your FC .DAT file(s) public on whatever cloud you're uploading them on (in your case Dropbox).
  2. Upload the RC flight record for the incident flight in https://www.phantomhelp.com/logviewer/upload/

Reactions: FlybyWyre
Sounds like the downward sensors got turned off and being used to holding it down to land it dropped like a rock.

Been there done that. It happens

Hi everyone! I had a similar issue last week when flying in the Chilean Andes. The problem is that I lost my Mavic and couldn't recover it. After about 5 mins flying in sport mode the remote control completely lost contact with the drone without any warning, as if the drone disappeared. I tried to get near where it lost contact but nothing...

Has anyone had a similar issue? This is the link with the last footage:

Best regards

Just wanted to update everyone - so after I showed myself a little, wrote a demanding letter on my law firm's letterhead, etc. - DJI did a second evaluation and then stated it was under warranty ;) - However, they stated it would be shipped right after the repair was done in approximately 5 days. They also said it would be sent 1 day at no extra charge. Well, after about 9 days I contacted them again asking what was going on. The next day I received an email stating it was being shipped that day. I then received shipping confirmation saying it would arrive 7 days later (what happened to the 1 day air???). It arrived tonight and after I check the firmware, etc., I will try flying it tomorrow. Fingers crossed...

Glad you got it back. Fly it.

This same thing just happened to me this morning. I could clearly see my drone, then i look down at my screen to check the view and all of a sudden the connection is dropped. I originally wasn't concerned because i was under the impression that the Mavic would return to home if it ever lost signal or disconnected, but that wasn't the case. My drone took nose dive from 350ft into the pavement. I know for a fact that RTH was activated, because i adjusted it a few minutes before the incident. Can anyone tell me why the RTH didnt work when my controller was disconnected? As i'm sure all of you are aware of, that question would take 3 days to get an answer from DJI customer care, and even then you most likely won't get an answer

Just wanted to update everyone - so after I showed myself a little, wrote a demanding letter on my law firm's letterhead, etc. - DJI did a second evaluation and then stated it was under warranty ;) - However, they stated it would be shipped right after the repair was done in approximately 5 days. They also said it would be sent 1 day at no extra charge. Well, after about 9 days I contacted them again asking what was going on. The next day I received an email stating it was being shipped that day. I then received shipping confirmation saying it would arrive 7 days later (what happened to the 1 day air???). It arrived tonight and after I check the firmware, etc., I will try flying it tomorrow. Fingers crossed...
Got to love that DJI Customer Care haha. I have so many entertaining screenshots of the convos i've had with them. I honestly feel like I'm Will Farrells character from zoolander when talking to them - "I feel like I'm taking crazy pills!"

This same thing just happened to me this morning. I could clearly see my drone, then i look down at my screen to check the view and all of a sudden the connection is dropped. I originally wasn't concerned because i was under the impression that the Mavic would return to home if it ever lost signal or disconnected, but that wasn't the case. My drone took nose dive from 350ft into the pavement. I know for a fact that RTH was activated, because i adjusted it a few minutes before the incident. Can anyone tell me why the RTH didnt work when my controller was disconnected? As i'm sure all of you are aware of, that question would take 3 days to get an answer from DJI customer care, and even then you most likely won't get an answer

Post a separate thread and include your flight data .. one of the sharp guys here will tell you what happened.

very interesting.......
My mavic fell from the sky 6-19-17
I amused it was operator error..... loosing power during RTH mode.
Thinking that I activated CSC but after reading this
I'm not to sure my mavic might have gone Rouge tried to kill me just because....
Anyone interested in looking at my DAT. file from in my mavic.?
.................................thanks............C

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seaphotos