DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic pro fallen from 150m

Yukysky

Reactions
My mavic had fallen in a forest from 150m, after 3 days I found it (it rained those 3 days during the night), I sent it to dji support and I receive the receipt :
800 euros to change the mavic entirely..
I don't really now if I should pay, try to repair it myself or send it to a cheaper repairer and hope it's not a thief.
Because as it's 800e i can buy a mavic air and even sell my batteries and controller to make it cheaper.
Any advice?
Thank you

Reactions: timtjohnson
My mavic had fallen in a forest from 150m, after 3 days I found it (it rained those 3 days during the night), I sent it to dji support and I receive the receipt :
800 euros to change the mavic entirely..
I don't really now if I should pay, try to repair it myself or send it to a cheaper repairer and hope it's not a thief.
Because as it's 800e i can buy a mavic air and even sell my batteries and controller to make it cheaper.
Any advice?
Thank you

Honestly... Save your money for the Mavic Pro 2..

Reactions: hryzec
Ask them to send it back without repairing or replacing it.

Best case scenario; you get it repaired for a lot less or repair it yourself (you never told us what was wrong with it).

Worst case scenario; you buy a new drone yourself for about the same price and sell not only your accessories but also the spare parts in the broken drone.

Oh sorry I forgot, I made a human error which lead it to be with 0% power on the batterie, and it force landed in a forest.
I said to send it back and they told me they sent my answer to the economic part of dji, let's hope
Or else I'll save up for the mavic pro 2. ☺

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hilldale Harry