DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Firmware Upgrade

MavicPro

Reactions
Just got my new Mavic Pro. I was wondering what is the best update version? I heard pilots are having issues this newest update? Is that correct? Here is what it looks like on dji assistant 2. Thank you for any and all insight
1e293137a5c0870b7628deea934f7e0d.jpg

Just got my new Mavic Pro. I was wondering what is the best update version? I heard pilots are having issues this newest update? Is that correct? Here is what it looks like on dji assistant 2. Thank you for any and all insight
1e293137a5c0870b7628deea934f7e0d.jpg
You are on the latest. Just be sure to re activate the Go 4 App.

Reactions: Ddouglas
You are on the latest. Just be sure to activate the Go 4 App.
No I'm not. I'm on .0400 the latest is .0700

If you look at the pic it says my current firmware on top left which is .0400, my current firmware isn't even listed on the available options and is way below.
Either way I'm not sure what version is the best at the moment.

Last edited:

If you look at the pic it says my current firmware on top left which is .0400, my current firmware isn't even listed on the available options and is way below.
Stick with 0400 for now.
I currently am on FW 0400 and GO 4 version IOS 4.07.
Everything so far has been flawless.

Reactions: davedriel
I would also recommend staying on .400 it's the most stable version and has the least amount of NFZ stuff.
Until we know exactly were all this NFZ stuff is going its the safest bet. You can always update to the latest version at any time in the future.

Just ignore the Nag message to update and your ok to fly.

Rob

Reactions: SkeeterHarris
Litchis good and you can fly VR with phone in goggles, which suits me best, never had it crash I certainly did with goapps

I downgraded back to .400 before it was removed from the Assistant2 firmware listings. It works and is very stable with no glitches. I have no plans to update any time soon. I would suggest to stay with .400 for a while to see what is going on with these new firmware updates and in regards to NFZ restrictions plus some other bugs.

I heard pilots are having issues this newest update? Is that correct?
I'm running .700 and haven't run into any trouble yet.

I want to go back to .400. My version 700 is very unstable. Do not understand that people accept this. There are so many problems with the mavic software. You pay so much money for a product that just is not good! When does DJI come up with a good solution so you do not have to worry when you fly. Does anyone have a good description how to get back to .400

Reactions: SkunkWerx's
How is it unstable? The reports I've read are either caused by a bad flash or an issue with Go4/phone/tablet which is unrelated to any firmware.

When I upgraded, it said ok complete, but the first power up I knew it was no good. So I reflashed and it's been golden.

There's a whole lot of complaining that it's DJIs fault that you can't follow directions, or it's DJIs fault that your phone that runs Go4 is crap.

Folk need to remember there are literally THOUSANDS of variables that are out of DJIs control...and that this is an RC hobby. Not everything is turn on and work flawlessly ala iPhone. You need to put some effort into it too.

Their firmware is not without "issues", however it is nowhere near as bad as the crybabies say.

How is it unstable? The reports I've read are either caused by a bad flash or an issue with Go4/phone/tablet which is unrelated to any firmware.

When I upgraded, it said ok complete, but the first power up I knew it was no good. So I reflashed and it's been golden.

There's a whole lot of complaining that it's DJIs fault that you can't follow directions, or it's DJIs fault that your phone that runs Go4 is crap.

Folk need to remember there are literally THOUSANDS of variables that are out of DJIs control...and that this is an RC hobby. Not everything is turn on and work flawlessly ala iPhone. You need to put some effort into it too.

Their firmware is not without "issues", however it is nowhere near as bad as the crybabies say.
Am running the latest firmware with no problems

Reactions: isalas and Vilco
i am on latest app and 0600 all is well right now.

many like 400 and i don't blame them for staying with what they know works for them.

If you change from 400 you will not be able to go back and 0550 was not great for me.

It is not about who has what, it is about finding the FW that works best for the Mavic you have.

really that is if you are happy and stable and everything is ok and you do not want the enhanced features stay where you are.

If you want the extra features or have problems with 400 then try the upgrade (i would miss 0550 and use 0600 or 0700).

Just take it out and fly it and ask yourself is it flying ok and am i happy with it as it is.

then you have your answer

Reactions: AshFrom NZ
I really don't understand how I can be flying on the latest firmware and apps with no problems, seems I must be missing out on having so many problems others are having

Most issues people have are user error related. I always updates to the latest version and had 0 issues.

Reactions: joewat64
I'm running .700 and haven't run into any trouble yet.
I'm currently on .0550 . I upgraded last night, well upgraded then downgraded. I was on .0600 but kept getting "NFZ LIMIT" and could not take off. Once I downgraded to .0550 no more NFZ LIMIT. I flew 2 full batteries so far and perfect.

I'm thinking I will upgrade to .0700 tonight as I like being on the latest firmware. Thanks for the reply.

Bah. 700 is perfectly fine. The enhancements such as fixed wing are welcome, and the problems are non-existent.

The new Go4 app has been buggier than the upgrade to 700, but even that has been minimal. Not annoying enough to really cry about.
I'm currently on DJI go4 4.0.7 android. I'm scared to update as it has been working great with my P4P and now my Mavic ;)

Remember all these FW issues are blown out of proportion.. the people on this site are a very small minority of all Mavic owners (and are typically more technically inclined/demanding than the general population... although... nvm) plus not a lot of people will take the time to report that things work as they should, a lot more will go and report issues when they occur - which is perfectly fine and logical but it skews the overall view of how many issues there actually are with any product.

Of course I have no hard data to support my assumptions but I would not be surprised if for every ".400 till death do us part" there were 50 people running the latest FW (whatever it is) without any issues.. you just don't hear from them. Ages ago when I worked at a helpdesk of a large ISP I couldn't understand how is the company even staying in business when every single customer who calls us is having issues.. until you realize that those who are perfectly happy have no reason to call you or to go on a forum and worry about FW versions..

And just to be clear - I'm not saying the problems are made up, just saying they are not a good representation of the overall situation and the chances that your Mavic will work perfectly fine with the latest fw.. just like mine does.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GillesdeColombes