DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro owner making problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well out in the country it is not illegal to shoot guns. You can shoot as many guns as you want and nobody can do anything about it. You can also ride your four wheelers and dirt bikes and let your dogs run free all on your property. You ever hear of hunting skeet shooting.
So basically you want all the freedom to do what you want out in the country, but screw anyone else who wants to enjoy that same freedom of being out in the country?

Reactions: Drgnfli
Well I never asked for anyone to come here and see for yourselfs what's going on. I have tried to answer others questions. If you do not believe me just move on to another post.
Well I never said I shot at it or that I was planning to. That's why I wanted to see what other MP owners would do as I said before. As to my neighbors shooting in missing that's on them not me. I hear gun shots all day and even at night like 2am. It's the country.

As for the police they did not give me a formal paper typed and stamped on their letterhead saying we give you rights to shoot it down they said if it was them in that situation that they would shoot it down. So take it any way you want.
After talking to the guy that I think it is the MP has been seen out flying but NOT over my land or the others that he was doing it to regularly.
You do not know me or anything about me to insinuate the Pervert was me or because I don't want to invite strangers over to my place. It is not a neighborhood. It's big chunks of land with few people in between. And if you want to fly and basically harass him like he's harassing the rest of us then come on up. Send me a message when you get up here and I'll meet you someplace. But don't think I am going to bring you to my home to hang out with my family or that you can stay in my home. You better get driving looks like you are down in Fort Myers or Naples area with all them canals.

Reactions: Cheech Wizard
So basically you want all the freedom to do what you want out in the country, but screw anyone else who wants to enjoy that same freedom of being out in the country?
I never said I do not want drones/ quads flying over me. So your WRONG! I do not want them to linger over my Kids for 10 - 15 mins then go get a new battery and come back. I have other quads and a MP and I love to fly but let me make myself very CLEAR TO YOU AND ANY OTHERS.... I WOULD NEVER FLY AND HOVER OVER ANYONES HOME, KIDS, & ANIMALS. IT IS NOT THE RIGHT THING TO DO....
AGAIN ARAN
I OWN OTHER QUADS AND ENJOY THEM AND NEVER SAID I DID NOT WANT ANYONE TO FLY OVER..... I HAVE DIRTBIKES BUT I DO NOT GO ON TO OTHERS PROPERTY AND I DO NOT LET MY KIDS. IT IS NOT MINE TO USE UNLESS I HAVE WRITTEN PERMISSION SAME WITH HUNTING.
Sorry for the caps but some just do not spend the time to read all the replys.

You have to be kidding? Post your address so that when you have friends or family over to BBQ we can send our noisy drones over and hang out. Sheesh...

I just don't find drones flying anywhere is "creepy." What are they going to see? Welcome to the 21st century... IMHO!

Personally, I wouldn't like it if another drone pilot felt it ok to fly low and hover over my pool with my kids and grandkids in the pool, I don't know what the author of this thread really expects others to say. My heart goes out to you and your famil's frustration. Remember, what goes around comes around. And for sure, this thread has gone way off track.

Reactions: Hill34top and JDawg
Personally, I wouldn't like it if another drone pilot felt it ok to fly low and hover over my pool with my kids and grandkids in the pool, I don't know what the author of this thread really expects others to say. My heart goes out to you and your famil's frustration. Remember, what goes around comes around. And for sure, this thread has gone way off track.

You have one guy who claims he has no problem if someone parks their drone in his backyard and films him and another guy calling the Blazes a liar, with no proof, classy.
Hopefully the OP gets help from the local LE or the ignorant neighbor gets a clue.

Some of you have not read the previous posts.... he's a 57 year old A @@@e that thinks he can do what he wants. He's not some kid.
At 300 to 400 feet there is no way to shoot this thing. However at 50 to 100 feet....its a dead bird.
It could be collateral damage while shooting nuisance birds... just say'n

At 300 to 400 feet there is no way to shoot this thing. However at 50 to 100 feet....its a dead bird.
It could be collateral damage while shooting nuisance birds... just say'n

I routinely take squirrels at 75 yards with a .22 pellet gun and those little pricks dont exactly sit still and wait for it. A drone that size at 300 feet would be easy pickings. Not that I endorse that...just sayin

Reactions: guest_1121
Hi Blades. Like you I like flying my racing quads and my DJI products. I hate it when one of my racing quads accidentally crashes into a Mavic or a Phantom. Its a shame how easily they go down. o_O

Reactions: JDawg and Lapeer20m
I think it is not really about age but about respect. I just wonder how a sheriff or a mayor or how about a congressman or woman would feel about someone that can legally supposedly fly everyday continuously at low altitudes over their property while their kids and they are outside enjoying their land would do? I am sure they could and would stop it very fast one way or another. But common folk that have no pull or say that matters they just have to deal with the being repeatedly harassed and it does feel like harassment and spying at this point. I am hanging out with a fishing pole and a big sinker waiting...
Or a pressure washer

Oh you're the sheriff. Ya that's dumb. Shouldn't be harassing you like that. Why not just go arrest the dude? (I know you're not the sheriff. I'm wondering why you brought him into it.)
You have 60 acres, a hot wife, 3 hot daughters, a Harley and a tractor. Wow. Good for you. Now I want to fly over your property. Seriously though, If you live in that rural of an environment, just shoot the thing down.

Do thieves, rapists and kidnappers have a history of drone surveilling their targets? I suppose that's possible but just doesn't seem likely. It's not like they're sneaky. None of those types tend to want to draw a lot of attention. Yunno like a drone would.

What you want is nice but irrelevant because you don't control the NAS. Shoot it down and deal with the consequences, or learn to live with it.
Ahhh. You finally exposed yourself for having an opinion LOL. After trying to make us believe you had none and were only asking questions. Sorry but that’s one of the oldest troll tricks in the book. And I mean that with utmost respect. LOL.

Hello all.. I have moved to the country and can fly my Mavic when ever I want.
What do you all think I can do or should do? Just think this guy is doing regularly and he will hover at about 40 to 60 feet and circle around. At this point it feels like he is basically spying on me and everything I am doing on my land like I put in a pool and a dog kennel then a garden and so on.
I have never and would not fly close to others homes or land and I always keep moving and stay 300 to 400 ft up.

Not very exciting answer, but if it really bothers you, why not just go inside. How many times do you think he would keep coming around to hover over your pool, if every time he came, every one just went inside? No, you shouldn't have to, but it might be the fastest way to deter him.

BTW, I would enjoy the challenge of trying to rig some fishing line/netting using my own Mavic along with the above.
Fly safe.

I routinely take squirrels at 75 yards with a .22 pellet gun and those little pricks dont exactly sit still and wait for it. A drone that size at 300 feet would be easy pickings. Not that I endorse that...just sayin

Not at 30 to 40 mph ...

If u see him once do something to make it return be well camouflage an blow it from the sky with a shot gun that’s all it takes is a lil sniper training
For real u have lil girls man just don’t allow this nut to get a chance to harm one of them

Sounds like an idea but the OP indicated the drone was up around 60 feet and the net gun only advertises 35 feet. There was a drone capture system that was being tested but I doubt it’s available to the public that had a net and a range around 100 yards. On the other hand, if you got a directional WiFi range extender dish, you could hook it to home WiFi, point it at the drone and flood his receiver. At best you’d keep sending him home when the RTH kicked in, at worst you might jam him enough to shut him off and crash. We had one of these dishes to get WiFi back to a trailer almost 1000 feet away. At 60 feet, he’d be blinded by the WiFi signal. As I recall the gain was around 25dB and effective range to regular WiFi receiver about 500 feet and to another dish about 2500 feet.

My .02 cents worth

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xa_