DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro remote interference ..

m1xzg

Reactions
I've seen a few threads on this but different. I've now experience this problem twice and both times while flying near by a friend with this Phantom 4. My Mavic will warn of Strong Interference to Remote Controller this is very quickly followed by a complete disconnection from the aircraft and a return to home situation. This has now happened twice in different locations but similar circumstances. It's not just a disconnection between the RC and aircraft but also of the phone too. Hence the lack of logging after the episode (link below)

Previously I've been flying with 2 others while using my Phantom 3 Pro, the other crafts were a P4 and a DJI F450 home built. Myself and the P4 pilot both had interference warnings, but stepping 20-30 feet apart solved those and they never caused any more issues. However, as above with the Mavic the time between the warning the disconnection was only 2-3 seconds, no time to react and get away. Today I was about 30-40 feet away from the other pilot who had everything powered up and was calibrating his compass, so not actually even airborne.

Has anyone found this or is anyone else able to test and try to replicate this? To me it seems really bad that the remote and aircraft will disconnect to quickly from what should really be a non issue. It really makes me question the reliability of the Mavic's remote control unit.

For the record this has happened on the firmware that was released today and the previous firmware.

Here is the flight on Heathy Drones. You can see where the trail ends, at that point the disconnection happened and the RTH was undertaken. That isn't logged on my phone either.... HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters

Any ideas?

Reactions: Angel
The logs on the aircraft would have the whole thing.

When flying multiple aircraft together you might need to choose the channels manually.

The logs on the aircraft would have the whole thing.

When flying multiple aircraft together you might need to choose the channels manually.

I'll have to look at the logs on the aircraft ... when you say choose channels manually each person must select? Or can I leave my friend on auto and just myself pick another? I'm happy to change channels but not sure about him. I do have my Phantom 3 Pro still, I might have to just take both out myself in a field and give them a try and see.

I live in the middle of nowhere, and I am getting the strong interference issue with no other drones in the air. I get the warning and a couple of seconds later, bam, it is gone, no connection nda, so I end up running across a cow pasture trying to catch up to the drone that instead of returning home has just started a decent into the middle of nowhere. I have a good wifi system at the house so go just about anywhere on my land and have signal, but it doesn't matter if I am by the house or on in the middle of a field hundreds of feet from the house.

Reactions: recon1172
I've seen a few threads on this but different. I've now experience this problem twice and both times while flying near by a friend with this Phantom 4. My Mavic will warn of Strong Interference to Remote Controller this is very quickly followed by a complete disconnection from the aircraft and a return to home situation. This has now happened twice in different locations but similar circumstances. It's not just a disconnection between the RC and aircraft but also of the phone too. Hence the lack of logging after the episode (link below)

Previously I've been flying with 2 others while using my Phantom 3 Pro, the other crafts were a P4 and a DJI F450 home built. Myself and the P4 pilot both had interference warnings, but stepping 20-30 feet apart solved those and they never caused any more issues. However, as above with the Mavic the time between the warning the disconnection was only 2-3 seconds, no time to react and get away. Today I was about 30-40 feet away from the other pilot who had everything powered up and was calibrating his compass, so not actually even airborne.

Has anyone found this or is anyone else able to test and try to replicate this? To me it seems really bad that the remote and aircraft will disconnect to quickly from what should really be a non issue. It really makes me question the reliability of the Mavic's remote control unit.

For the record this has happened on the firmware that was released today and the previous firmware.

Here is the flight on Heathy Drones. You can see where the trail ends, at that point the disconnection happened and the RTH was undertaken. That isn't logged on my phone either.... HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters

Any ideas?
I'm having similar issues after I just update to latest gimbal firmware...

I hope DJI are onto this. Too many unexplained disconnects when other DJI models are ok in the same location.

I hope DJI are onto this. Too many unexplained disconnects when other DJI models are ok in the same location.
Yeap, tomorrow I will fly again, if I get same issues I will downgrade to previous firmware.

I get the warning and a couple of seconds later, bam, it is gone, no connection nda, so I end up running across a cow pasture trying to catch up to the drone that instead of returning home has just started a decent into the middle of nowhere.

Ouch that's not good at all.. I assume in the settings you've got RTH on disconnect? This getting me quite concerned to say the least. I'm off to France this week and taking the mavic with me and expect I'll be flying over water a lot on the coast (to get away from populated areas) but I have grave concerns about this now. So far at least mine has RTH on disconnect, so that's something.

Ouch that's not good at all.. I assume in the settings you've got RTH on disconnect? This getting me quite concerned to say the least. I'm off to France this week and taking the mavic with me and expect I'll be flying over water a lot on the coast (to get away from populated areas) but I have grave concerns about this now. So far at least mine has RTH on disconnect, so that's something.
What ever you do don't upgrade the new Gimbal Firmware!!!!!

What ever you do don't upgrade the new Gimbal Firmware!!!!!

I'm currently running the latest firmware from Dec 26, and after some tweaks suggested by others, mainly about channel selection and also changing from 20Mhz to 10Mhz bandwidth I can say I had no serious issues today at all over the course of flying 2 full batteries with the same Phantom 4 pilot flying his. The logs do show a couple of signal fades but no drop outs with the exception of one warning when I walked to about 5m of him, stepped away and the issue went with it. I have still opened a case with DJI though to find out why the phone and rc disconnects are happening. I have also stopped using the supplied flat USB cable and gone back to a known and trusted cable I use with my Phantom 3, again, not a single disconnect. Others have reported that the flat cables are dodgy. For me it feels like it needs to plug in about 1mm more.

It's not becasue you had a potential issue that everybody will. Just did 1 hour of air time today on latest firmware with absolutely no issue.

Did you guys ever sort this out? I've had the strong interference to remote thing come up a couple of times and then go away.. It happened today and I took care to look at the remote signal meter and it was full. Video looked totally clear. I wasn't flying near any other drones, and I was in a location I've flown in plenty of times.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

When you had it happen did the warning message stay on the screen the whole time? I'm wondering if when it disappears for me it means the drone has either sorted itself out by switching frequencies, or whatever the source of interference is has stopped? Or if the message just times out and there's still interference? And if so, how can I see how bad the interference is (other than looking at the remote signal icon which stayed full as far as I could see)

Did you guys ever sort this out? I've had the strong interference to remote thing come up a couple of times and then go away.. It happened today and I took care to look at the remote signal meter and it was full. Video looked totally clear. I wasn't flying near any other drones, and I was in a location I've flown in plenty of times.

I've not had any problems since I stopped using the short DJI cable and replaced it with a lightning cable into the bottom USB.
DJI did ask me to send everything back to them but I didn't worry about it

Like Auspete above, I stopped using the short cable supplied as it was causing lots of issues. Since going to the same 30cm USB cable I used with my Phantom 3 I've had no issues. It seems the supplied cables have some issues, not for everyone though, but certainly has been for me. I'm using a Galaxy S7 with my Mavic

I am flying with several configurations.

1. Mobile phone attached to the remote as should, tried both with the short cable and a longer cable. Phone was not in airplane mode. Several issues with slowed-down or frozen GO app.

2. Mobile phone in cardboard goggles with running Litchi app, not in airplane mode. No issues at all.

3. Tablet in special mount, above the remote, not in airplane mode. No issues at all.

Have not yet tried configuration 1 with phone in airplane mode as I am flying configuration 2 for 99%.
But it looks as if there if rf interference if the mobile is not in airplane mode and located very near to the remote.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kia-6098.111