DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro Tilt?

Dingo93

Reactions
I received my MP yesterday and took it out for its first flight today. While I had it hovering I noticed that it had a slight lean on the right side of the Mavic. I landed it and rechecked the props making sure they were all correct and locked down and then tried another takeoff. It still had a slight lean on the right side. I was wondering if anyone else has had this issue or if it is just normal? It continued to fly just fine and never ran into any issues but being a $1000+ machine I am just concerned.

Should be pretty level in perfect conditions, bit of wind will make the windward side drop a little due to it holding position.

Reactions: Dingo93
Should be pretty level in perfect conditions, bit of wind will make the windward side drop a little due to it holding position.

That does make sense now that I think about it but I will try again maybe inside just to be sure! Thank you though!

Reactions: Sekundez
This would be a good reason to research using the dji assistant, and then go through calibrations. Start with the IMU.

This would be a good reason to research using the dji assistant, and then go through calibrations. Start with the IMU.

I went into the dji assistant and used the simulator and it definitely was the wind. As I increased the wind in the simulator it copied the same motion I noticed earlier and increased the tilt relative to the wind speed.

That does make sense now that I think about it but I will try again maybe inside just to be sure! Thank you though!
Careful indoors, the flight control system that assists with flight is much different indoors, since there is no GPS involved and make sure that you change the RTH setting to something appropriate for indoors, like hover, instead of go up to 60m and return.

I went into the dji assistant and used the simulator and it definitely was the wind. As I increased the wind in the simulator it copied the same motion I noticed earlier and increased the tilt relative to the wind speed.

I can say from experience, everything is speculation and guessing unless you're looking over actual data. I do know there will be a motor that is most always a dominant over the others. But while in flight, there should not be a single motor so hot you can't touch it. When going through the landing process time, plus the material of the motor should cool it off easily. I still highly suggest you let BudWalker take a look. Btw, if you have the ability to use his program tools, that would be really nice as there is some major benefits to using what he has developed for us all to use.

No need to speculate in wind.. If in a hover, absolutely the craft will lean into the wind. It's simple aerodynamics.

As long as the Mavic is keeping its position perfectly, there is absolutely no reason for calibrating the IMU. You can make things only more worse then.
And if the Mavic is tilted to one side, it's usually because of wind and very rarely because of mechanical reasons. Just yaw it for 180° and it should tilt into the opposite direction, if wind is the reason.

As long as the Mavic is keeping its position perfectly, there is absolutely no reason for calibrating the IMU. You can make things only more worse then.
And if the Mavic is tilted to one side, it's usually because of wind and very rarely because of mechanical reasons. Just yaw it for 180° and it should tilt into the opposite direction, if wind is the reason.
I don't think you make things worse. You run the risk of doing the calibration incorrectly, which would certainly make it worse. But done correctly, no harm will be done, and it can fix several issues!

If wind is involved and has the aircraft tilted, the gimbal should always sit level producing a level view.

Last edited:
While it sounds like the OP has sorted this out, an easy test would be to turn the craft around 180°... Now, is it leaning to the other side? All in all, if it's hovering in place, then it's doing its job.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78