DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic pro unstable

Lordofwolf

Reactions
hello everyone! I have just buy a use mavic pro, when i let it hover in gps mode, it was a little move randomly around when there is no wind around! Is it normal to be like that, here is the video

Thank you

From my perspective...this 100% normal. Four motors turning at about 5000 rpm creates its own wind...plus gps is trying to maintain location, of which without supplemental waypoint it will wonder somewhat. from my limited experience this looks fine. Here is a link that explains gps accuracy...GPS accuracy not ‘nearly perfect’
Enjoy the new toy!!

Thanks Towlem, i saw this video
The mavic seem stay still, is that real or just the way they film?

hello everyone! I have just buy a use mavic pro, when i let it hover in gps mode, it was a little move randomly around when there is no wind around! Is it normal to be like that, here is the video

Thank you

It's a good idea to calibrate the compass every few flights. My Mavic Pro hovers in place with little or no movement - I believe that this is due to the fact that I regularly calibrate the compass.

Do you have DJI props on there or are they carbon fiber? If they are DJI props are the props on the right shafts? There's certain way they should be installed.

What about the electro magnetic interference from the electric lines/ meters on the walls directly behind?

That's fine, at low altitude as it is, the Mavic uses its downward positioning sensors/camera to maintain its position. The accuracy and stability is reliant on amount of light and different contrast on the ground. The more light the better the more ground contrast the better.
If ground is all one colour like white concrete then mavic will not be so stable or on all green grass with no patches amongst it. It needs patterns. So expect a few centermeters of shift/movement if over bad non abstract surface.

Reactions: CLE the 216
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suilven