DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Pro with a Fly360 4K no compromise

Kitt-214th

Reactions
If you are interested in how to mount a Fly360 4K camera to the Mavic Pro without much compromise please check out my two youtube videos.

Instructions:

Demo flight:

(This is a VR video change your viewing angle with your phone by tilting it or sliding your finger. If you are on a desktop click and drag your mouse to look where you want).

Enjoy.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Reactions: Up & Adam
I appreciate the efforts you put into this, and it seems like a good configuration. I really wish that you did some more editing on the first video. Keep the audio channel going, and splice in better camera angles to show close-ups of the parts and how they fit together. Many times, you carry the drone out of the view of the single camera so we can only guess what you're discussing. Making good instructional videos takes effort, and I hope you give it as much attention as you obviously did to your fly360 solution.

No compromise? Plenty compromised just to carry that.

What was your need for a 360 camera?

Umm why

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Good question as to why carry an additional camera on the Mavic Pro?

Please note that the fly360 is capable of VR 360 video where you can play back any angle under the drone in post, the main camera can point in only one direction.

Here are my reasons.

1. Making a quick run through a new location I can review on my phone to determine the best angle the main camera should point on a subsequent repeat pass for static scenes.

2. In dynamic scenes I may only get one pass at a subject that is moving. This allows me in post to select a camera angle if the main was not fixed on the moving subject.

3. Incidental moving objects such as an unexpected train passing through a scene or wildlife can be caught.

4. The video taken from a VR 360 type camera can allow the viewer to choose what to look at vs what I thought was most important.

5. Having two cameras rolling at the same time is always better than only being able to choose from one.

Others may have suggestions better than mine. I would love to hear ideas as to how such a rig could be useful.

Thanks for asking.

Reactions: DeLaguna and mjmcoh
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman