DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic questions

wytnyt

Reactions
first let me say i appreciate all the help from everyone,i assure you it isnt just taken for granted as i know your time is important to you
so,ive depleted the rc 3 times getting familiar with everything and questions of course have popped up
so
is it ok to spin up the motors without the props on?

its asked for a compass and imu calibration yesterday but today it didnt ask,should i do this? do i assume this needs to be done outside?
i get a NFZ popup which i knew i would
even with the popup i can still start and run the motors,does this mean its flyable?
if i click on the NFZ,it asks for a credit card or phone,is this normal?,,the cc isnt a option but what phone number is it asking for?
i can just click within dgigo and the popup goes away but when i try going in the popup it asks for internet connection which this phone doesnt have
its asking for a firmware update,my current firmware is something like .1000,should i update since i already have NFZ popups?
i appreciate any help with this

You can run up the motors without the props on,. But you will get a message that the props are not on and it will shut off. Sometimes mine will ask for a compass calibration depending on how close it is to a lot of metal but then when I change location it doesn't ask. I will let it others answer your other questions as I have not experienced those issues.

Reactions: wytnyt
its asked for a compass and imu calibration yesterday but today it didnt ask,should i do this? do i assume this needs to be done outside?
IMU should be done inside, on a level surface. Do the compass calibration outside, away from any metal like buildings, fences, concrete with rebar in it, and don't have any big metal on you.

Once you do those, you don't need to do them again unless you're prompted or you're having problems.

i get a NFZ popup which i knew i would
even with the popup i can still start and run the motors,does this mean its flyable?
Read the popup for details. Some "NFZs" aren't NFZs, they're warning zones. Some of those you can fly in.
if i click on the NFZ,it asks for a credit card or phone,is this normal?,,the cc isnt a option but what phone number is it asking for?
That's normal. DJI is wanting to confirm you are who you say you are, so if you do something stupid with your drone in an NFZ your Mavic can be traced back to you.

You can run up the motors without the props on,. But you will get a message that the props are not on and it will shut off. Sometimes mine will ask for a compass calibration depending on how close it is to a lot of metal but then when I change location it doesn't ask. I will let it others answer your other questions as I have not experienced those issues.
thx,i just want to cover all my bases,ive read of many incidents that could have been avoided and dont want to become another static.

IMU should be done inside, on a level surface. Do the compass calibration outside, away from any metal like buildings, fences, concrete with rebar in it, and don't have any big metal on you.

Once you do those, you don't need to do them again unless you're prompted or you're having problems.

Read the popup for details. Some "NFZs" aren't NFZs, they're warning zones. Some of those you can fly in.

That's normal. DJI is wanting to confirm you are who you say you are, so if you do something stupid with your drone in an NFZ your Mavic can be traced back to you.
thx mr salty,when dji asks for a phone number i assume it would be mine but how do i do this if the phone has no service or if im in the field?

thx mr salty,when dji asks for a phone number i assume it would be mine but how do i do this if the phone has no service or if im in the field?
also i have a small power bank that charges phones/tablets,if i kept it in my pants pocket,could i use this to keep the rc/phone charged

wytnyt
Post all you want with questions like this.
Everyone of them has already been answered in depth in previous posts.
Just use the search function at top of this website.

wytnyt
Post all you want with questions like this.
Everyone of them has already been answered in depth in previous posts.
Just use the search function at top of this website.
im sure they have,finding them is another story

im sure they have,finding them is another story

Not to sound harsh, but Google's search algorithms are smart, and you can refine your search to a specific website by using the term site:mavicpilots.com at the beginning of your search.

For example, site:mavicpilots.com start motors without props will give you the answer to your first question.

Not to sound harsh, but Google's search algorithms are smart, and you can refine your search to a specific website by using the term site:mavicpilots.com at the beginning of your search.

For example, site:mavicpilots.com start motors without props will give you the answer to your first question.
that gave 4 results with one being mine,the other 3 didnt answer my question,but thx for trying

that gave 4 results with one being mine,the other 3 didnt answer my question,but thx for trying

It actually gives over a thousand results, but the result you're looking for is here and is either #3 (Google.co.uk) or #4 (Google.com):

7FCL5sNl.png

Your Google-fu is weak, Binghopper.

It actually gives over a thousand results, but the result you're looking for is here and is either #3 (Google.co.uk) or #4 (Google.com):

7FCL5sNl.png

Your Google-fu is weak, Binghopper.
ill eat some google pops,actually i did the search on the forum here,thx

ill eat some google pops,actually i did the search on the forum here,thx

Forum search functionality is limited by the hosting server hardware and by the basic search algorithms employed. Google indexes and catalogues any forum that allows it, has much smarter algorithms and is a lot faster when trying to do multiple searches (forums usually have cooldowns to prevent overloading the host server).

It may seem backwards to use an external tool to search a forum but, for anything more complicated than a one word search, it's infinitely superior.

I have never been ask for a CC or phone number. Where is that coming from?
If you're trying to unlock certain no-fly zones using DJI's GEO system, DJI needs you to verify your identity on your account. They use a credit card or phone number to do this.

If you've never tried to fly in one of these restricted zones you would not have seen this request.

If you're trying to unlock certain no-fly zones using DJI's GEO system, DJI needs you to verify your identity on your account. They use a credit card or phone number to do this.

If you've never tried to fly in one of these restricted zones you would not have seen this request.
i assume its asking for my phone how is it done when theres no cell phone service on the phone,wifi wont do it,im also able to just click the popup away

You may need to unlock the zone before you fly when you're connected to the internet.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kotszamana