DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic rescue request LA

I'm there, but how would a Mavic rescue another Mavic aside from helping to locate it?
I know where it is... I flew it off the US bank building and got a critical battery error, drone started landing and the closest building was the city building. Put it down but becuSe of the interference. I couldn't take off again.
Drone rescue

As shown, there are several vids of Mavic rescues and at least one showing a Mavic taking off with a 2.5 pound load - so they can lift another one easily.

Reactions: jadjahoe
If you're talking about the US Bank building downtown, I'm quite close but I'll pass. There are three major heliports in close proximity, including the very active LAPD heliport.

I never would have considered flying there.

WOW. Did you launch from the helipad on the top of the 68 story tower??
If so I'm amazed the Mavic allowed you to launch given that there are AT LEAST a dozen rooftop heli pads withing 1/2 mile of that building.
I would simply ask the building manager where your Mavic is to let you or a maintenance guy go up and get it.

Update: I spoke with the security manager and the part where I landed they aren't suppose to go out there because there are no rails or anything, the window washers and roof maintaainance people are the only ones that go to the tier. If it was the helipad I would of been straight... I'm thinking of just buying another mavic and doing it myself.

The area does have about 27 helipads around but I've never had a near miss, and most of the time I'm flying a lot lower, this is the first time I flew off from that high.

Day 3.

WOW. Did you launch from the helipad on the top of the 68 story tower??
If so I'm amazed the Mavic allowed you to launch given that there are AT LEAST a dozen rooftop heli pads withing 1/2 mile of that building.
I would simply ask the building manager where your Mavic is to let you or a maintenance guy go up and get it.

Yup! Have some pretty dope friends. Too bad none in the bldg I landed on.

If you're talking about the US Bank building downtown, I'm quite close but I'll pass. There are three major heliports in close proximity, including the very active LAPD heliport.

I never would have considered flying there.

Crazy, I saw 2 mavics flying the same time I was.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skydiver75thgrp