DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Slices Food In Slow Motion - Have i lost it in lockdown?

haha on geeze nope definitely not doing that haha
I did it so you guys didn’t have to.

Well it was an accident but never the less I hit my thumb on a prop as I was catching a hovering drone after a failed take off (my fault).This was the Master Airscrew props so a little bit more rigid than the stock props.

I barely felt it at first and I was initially just glad I caught it before it crashed into my car but my whole hand went numb and felt like I had sat on it wrong and it had gone “to sleep.”

It wasn’t until my drive home that I started to feel it but it was throbbing pain like I’ve never felt before. The wound was small but deep. I really think it was more just the impact of blade that hurt so much.

I did it so you guys didn’t have to.

Well it was an accident but never the less I hit my thumb on a prop as I was catching a hovering drone after a failed take off (my fault).This was the Master Airscrew props so a little bit more rigid than the stock props.

I barely felt it at first and I was initially just glad I caught it before it crashed into my car but my whole hand went numb and felt like I had sat on it wrong and it had gone “to sleep.”

It wasn’t until my drive home that I started to feel it but it was throbbing pain like I’ve never felt before. The wound was small but deep. I really think it was more just the impact of blade that hurt so much.

i have only caught one of my fingers once with my old Phantom 3. It was not a hand catch, just started up the props and hand my hand near them and hit me. Like you at forst i just shook my hand but then my finger went numb and a little swollen.

Maybe i could get a chicken leg, out of date of cause :p and see what it does haha

Yes, you lost it, but I couldn't stop watching, especially the reverse video.
Theres a lot to learn there and you have the right to spend your money anyway you wish.

haha yep it came to me in bed ha.

Well interesting you saying about learning as yeh i think we can see how well the new mavic design with its folding props is actually safer than the old static prop designs of drones as it absorbs the inpact and does not transfer it into the banana / aka your fingers haha

Reactions: Chip
since I've done this to my fingers I didn't see any need to watch the video..I'm thinking that I didn't really miss a "Chef-d'œuvre"

Reactions: Drone UK
I was worried about the cover being over your camera and damaging the gimbal.
it was ok, yes if you ket doing this or kept starting up the drone with it on but this was the only time i have ever done it and was only put on after set up :)

make sure to get your suggests in for a part 2 hahaha

Very cool! Ignore the negs. I always wondered about this. I did unintentionally stick my finger in there once on a hand catch. Got a few really good sliced up fingers but it was probably because it was at a higher speed? I think you need to get some carbon blades and try again! That would really chop up some stuff!
In answer to your question: I think you have lost it LOL! But you are in good company. And recognizing the problem is the first step to recovery. HAHAHA! Keep up the good work. Stay safe.

Reactions: Drone UK
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki