DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Video Problem

devinrhall

Reactions
Yesterday I recorded about a 3 minute test video when I got my Mavic. I was using the SD card the Mavic comes with. My video settings were on MP4 2.7K at 30fps. I know mov is better than mp4. When I put the SD card in my computer and played the video it was froze and every few seconds it would show another part of the flight with basically a frozen image. I know it's not the camera because I viewed the video on the DJI app and the video played fine. Anyone know what might be going on?

Devin

Yesterday I recorded about a 3 minute test video when I got my Mavic. I was using the SD card the Mavic comes with. My video settings were on MP4 2.7K at 30fps. I know mov is better than mp4. When I put the SD card in my computer and played the video it was froze and every few seconds it would show another part of the flight with basically a frozen image. I know it's not the camera because I viewed the video on the DJI app and the video played fine. Anyone know what might be going on?

Devin
It could be your PC or monitor.

I don't think it is, I've used SD cards plenty on it from my other drones and it works fine. It wasn't 2.7K though, they're 1080p.

Devin
1080p and 2.7K are completely different. A HD television (1080p) will not play 2.7 or 4K video.

Firstly MOV is not better than MP4,... but when you 'put the card in the computer' are you playing it from the card?
That won't work unless your reader is USB3.
You need download the file to access data quick enough.
It's not unusual for a computer more than a couple of years old to struggle even playing an onboard 4K file but sometimes a different player will help. The video card seems to be a problem area if it is from a time when 1080p HD was as much as anyone could possibly have wanted ;)

Firstly MOV is not better than MP4,... but when you 'put the card in the computer' are you playing it from the card?
That won't work unless your reader is USB3.
You need download the file to access data quick enough.
It's not unusual for a computer more than a couple of years old to struggle even playing an onboard 4K file but sometimes a different player will help. The video card seems to be a problem area if it is from a time when 1080p HD was as much as anyone could possibly have wanted ;)

Well the card is the one the Mavic came with so it should be able to work with all the formats, and yeah I did transfer the file to my computer. It's not the highest quality computer ever but it's always done fine with video, maybe i'll try 1080p and see how that goes.

Devin

Well the card is the one the Mavic came with so it should be able to work with all the formats, and yeah I did transfer the file to my computer. It's not the highest quality computer ever but it's always done fine with video, maybe i'll try 1080p and see how that goes.

Devin
The Video Card is not the same as the SD card. It is the Graphics Card, a component of a PC.

The Video Card is not the same as the SD card. It is the Graphics Card, a component of a PC.

Well I even tried 1080p just now and it did the same thing. I've used this computer for 1080p videos from an SD card and they were fine.

Devin

Well I even tried 1080p just now and it did the same thing. I've used this computer for 1080p videos from an SD card and they were fine.

Devin
Try 720p. It may well be that your PC is unable to process the higher quality video. It's worth a try!

Anyways I definitely didn't buy the Mavic to settle with 1080p video even though 1080p still looks fine, I guess i'll be looking into an external GPU.

Devin

By the way do any of you guys know how to put the mavic video on an iphone to where you can edit it. I know you can use itunes but editors don't make the movie folder as one to pick a video with, only the photos folder

Devin

By the way do any of you guys know how to put the mavic video on an iphone to where you can edit it. I know you can use itunes but editors don't make the movie folder as one to pick a video with, only the photos folder

Devin
Use the editor built into DJI Go app.

You can download them directly from the drone to the iphone/ipad then save them through the Editor.

Reactions: devinrhall
even though my computer won't run the video well, if i would upload it to youtube and it does all it's processing there would the video still be viewable on youtube?

Devin
even though my computer won't run the video well, if i would upload it to youtube and it does all it's processing there would the video still be viewable on youtube?

Devin
Other people with better quality Graphics Cards would be able to view them on Youtube.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jamoke