DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MAVIC vs GOPRO KARMA - One of them is the worst drone ever.

There's going to be a lot of crashes when people don't know the bird has to be on to change settings and take off from a hay stack. About 4:19 he flies it right at himself. Wow! Read the manual.
I hate these morons who know nothing about drones, and make videos. Shows how incredibly stupid and incompetent they are.

Reactions: Watty
OK, so whats the over/under for when ALL the Karma's have crashed -- my monies on 14 months.

Brian

There's an even more disturbing crash here. Not pilot error, the drone just loses power and regains it right as it's hitting the ground. (Crash is at 2:05.)

Reactions: E92Vancouver
Anyone know why GoPro named their drone as Karma and DJI as Mavic ..

GoPro named it Karma to get back at DJI when their relationship went sour. Both kind of burnt each others bridges, "you wouldn't of got here without me" attitude. Mavic is called Mavic because Frank Wang and the Chinese loved Top gun and couldn't pronounce Maverick. Frank originally wanted to name it Goose but we all know what happened to Goose =).

Anyways.. we shouldn't be dissing the KARMA. Without it, DJI wouldn't have felt pressure in anyways to innovate to this extent and to launch it this early. I still think that the official/original release date of the Mavic Pro would be around the time the Occusync FPV Goggles are released. I think there was meant to be a "FLY HARD" bundle.

GoPro named it Karma to get back at DJI when their relationship went sour. Both kind of burnt each others bridges, "you wouldn't of got here without me" attitude. Mavic is called Mavic because Frank Wang and the Chinese loved Top gun and couldn't pronounce Maverick. Frank originally wanted to name it Goose but we all know what happened to Goose =).

Anyways.. we shouldn't be dissing the KARMA. Without it, DJI wouldn't have felt pressure in anyways to innovate to this extent and to launch it this early. I still think that the official/original release date of the Mavic Pro would be around the time the Occusync FPV Goggles are released. I think there was meant to be a "FLY HARD" bundle.

How about the Top Gun bundle!

Yes, my first Phantom used a GoPro because DJI had crappy cameras. Using the GoPro on the Phantom was not optimal. The bracket to hold the camera would break easily and the Phantom would not charge the GoPro. Plus you needed to by a Gimbal, OSD unit and a monitor. But DJI and GoPro got me into this aerial photography hobby.

GoPro named it Karma to get back at DJI when their relationship went sour. Both kind of burnt each others bridges, "you wouldn't of got here without me" attitude.

Whoa that's really childish, they could have call it anything other than Karma and it would have been better. And why did they think they could get back at DJI when the Karma is years behind P4.

Yeah, there's really no need to slam GoPro here. It's not a contest or a football face off. And they're doing enough job hurting themselves right now without the name calling...

If these things start falling out the sky on people, it hurts our hobby as a whole. Personally, I hope they get their issues resolved and they end up offering a decent solution for action cam fans. If that happens, it won't hurt DJI at all.

Reactions: look_alive
All this Karma bashing, my ears are bleeding!!! How many of those complaining actually own or have flown one? Seriously, the Hero 5 is $399, the Karma Grip is $299, so that means that the Karma alone is effectively $500.00. That's really not too bad is it?

All this Karma bashing, my ears are bleeding!!! How many of those complaining actually own or have flown one? Seriously, the Hero 5 is $399, the Karma Grip is $299, so that means that the Karma alone is effectively $500.00. That's really not too bad is it?

Well, when you put it that way, it is a hell of a deal. You should be in marketing!

Reactions: dam and botasky

The grip is definitely not worth 299 because it share the gimbal with the drone. We can't really compare the price without the camera because you need a camera, the removable is nice and all but the main thing about this unit is the drone and it is not very good for the price. I want them to do well, imagine what DJI mavic pro 2 will be like if the Karma is as good as the current Mavic.

Reactions: E92Vancouver
The grip is definitely not worth 299 because it share the gimbal with the drone. We can't really compare the price without the camera because you need a camera, the removable is nice and all but the main thing about this unit is the drone and it is not very good for the price. I want them to do well, imagine what DJI mavic pro 2 will be like if the Karma is as good as the current Mavic.

And we have a counterpoint! I am sticking with the Mavic.

There's an even more disturbing crash here. Not pilot error, the drone just loses power and regains it right as it's hitting the ground. (Crash is at 2:05.)

His reaction...priceless. Hopefully GoPro will refund/fix his drone because there's no way that's pilot error.

And we have a counterpoint! I am sticking with the Mavic.
The camera on the Mavic is fixed. The $299.00 price for the Karma Grip includes the gimbal. For a DJI equivalent you would have to by the Osmo and a camera.

I wouldn't question that if you are looking for a more capable drone, then the Mavic looks like it wins hands down. Not that both also don't have some issues (e.g., horizon tilt). However, if photography/videography is what your primary purpose is, then the quality and flexibility of the GoPro would win. It just depends on what you are looking for.

I've been thinking about buying both, but I'm also waiting for DJI's announcement on 15 November where they may be introducing an Inspire 2.

Reactions: moocows42
I wouldn't question that if you are looking for a more capable drone, then the Mavic looks like it wins hands down. Not that both also don't have some issues (e.g., horizon tilt). However, if photography/videography is what your primary purpose is, then the quality and flexibility of the GoPro would win. It just depends on what you are looking for.

I wish that were true, but reality of the Karma is that it just too bad to work for anything.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78