DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic won't update!!! wtf DJI

SDFULL

Reactions
Hi guys,
so I got my Mavic a month ago and soon there after updated to the newest firmware without a hitch via assistant2 in the very same chair I'm sitting in now. Now I've tried about ten times to update and sometimes it gets to 99% and then says "update failed" I've deleted assistant 2 and reinstalled it to no prevail. Ive also tried using the go4 app on the iPhone and it shows a little folder with some crap flowing into it and says its downloading, but then in about 20 seconds it stops downloading and gives me the option to continue dowmloading but just keeps stopping. Ive watched numerous tutorials and I'm not an idiot. Im doing everything DJI says to do with no luck. Ive tried downgrading to the oldest firmware but even that blasts right up to 40% in a few seconds and I see a glimmer of hope, then it just sits there and I end up unplugging it. My Mac is showing full bars for internet connection. Could it still be an issue. Ive tried everything I know how and could really use some help.

Tried that many times . It shows a folder and says downloading. Then after about 20 seconds it just stops and gives me the option to continue downloading and I continue downloading and it just keeps stopping for no reason

Try moving the controller away from the Mavic. I have found that this helps.

Edit: I've had issues with wifi interference while updating. I place my controller w/phone about 10+ feet away from the Mavic, in the direction of my router - so my phone gets solid wifi from the router, but is away from the Mavic itself. This works every time.

Last edited:
Reactions: jdcntulsa
I had problems with the latest firmware. it even ruined my battery. My battery is stuck with the second and third light on at all times. it has been 4 days and its still on.I am in the process of doing a RMA with DJI.

I had problems with the latest firmware. it even ruined my battery. My battery is stuck with the second and third light on at all times. it has been 4 days and its still on.I am in the process of doing a RMA with DJI.
47c7db3931fc50db04ffd734c28166f0.jpg

Hi guys,
so I got my Mavic a month ago and soon there after updated to the newest firmware without a hitch via assistant2 in the very same chair I'm sitting in now. Now I've tried about ten times to update and sometimes it gets to 99% and then says "update failed" I've deleted assistant 2 and reinstalled it to no prevail. Ive also tried using the go4 app on the iPhone and it shows a little folder with some crap flowing into it and says its downloading, but then in about 20 seconds it stops downloading and gives me the option to continue dowmloading but just keeps stopping. Ive watched numerous tutorials and I'm not an idiot. Im doing everything DJI says to do with no luck. Ive tried downgrading to the oldest firmware but even that blasts right up to 40% in a few seconds and I see a glimmer of hope, then it just sits there and I end up unplugging it. My Mac is showing full bars for internet connection. Could it still be an issue. Ive tried everything I know how and could really use some help.

On the Mac did you install the Android app that DJI's installer for Assistant wants you to add?

This is important because the OS in the Mavic and controller are android. W/O that bit in your Mac assistant can't "speak" with the controller or MP in all modes.

That said I'm updating the MP firmware as we speak - and the progress has been 0 for the past 10 minutes... (using the GO App - not Assistant - I may change to that in a few minutes).

Edit: just switched to DJI Assistant. Cost some bandwidth to DL again, but the bird started updating immediately.

Last edited:
Borked.

Updated the P4P with no issues at all.

The status for the MP shows it at 01.03.0800. But it wants to do a firmware update. Maybe it's for the controller?

The status for the controller shows 01.03.0700 - downloads - but will not update. (Via GO or Assistant).

Will regroup and try again tomorrow.

Thanks for the tip. I went to a different wifi connection at my sisters house and left the ac in one room away from router and went outside with the controller and it worked. Total time was still kind of high (about 40min) but hey at least it updated.

Reactions: Qoncussion
Thanks for the tip. I went to a different wifi connection at my sisters house and left the ac in one room away from router and went outside with the controller and it worked. Total time was still kind of high (about 40min) but hey at least it updated.
You know, I've been sharing this little trick out here, a few times over a few months, and I do believe that you are the first person to try it - and confirm that it works. It works for me 100% of the time. Glad to hear that you got the update to run.

I must be old school, but never in a hundred trillion years would I do a firmware upgrade over wifi, hard connection (in the case of Mavic, USB to PC) only.

I have the same problems update firmware error, so I try to use my PC do the firmware update, I guess the problem is between IOS and Android, since once time I use an android phone as a controller than swap back to IOS, that's the problem start. So hope this can help you.

You know, I've been sharing this little trick out here, a few times over a few months, and I do believe that you are the first person to try it - and confirm that it works. It works for me 100% of the time. Glad to hear that you got the update to run.
Have noted your experience and I have found the ideal spot for me and I never do an upgrade anywhere else.
Have no problems with the downloads .

well I wouldn't have tried the upgrade through wifi. it was my last resort because I was sick of sitting in front of the computer having it fail time after time. All that trouble to upgrade to find out my house is in a NFZ. I disabled the GEO but still can't take off. At least with the older version I could check yes on the prompt and I could get off the ground FML

I had the same thing with one of my batteries, but it worked at the second attempt.

Reactions: AirBean
Finally. After many tries. All updated. Sheesh. Final and last was with DJI Go for the controller. Yes over WiFi.

well I wouldn't have tried the upgrade through wifi. it was my last resort because I was sick of sitting in front of the computer having it fail time after time. All that trouble to upgrade to find out my house is in a NFZ. I disabled the GEO but still can't take off. At least with the older version I could check yes on the prompt and I could get off the ground FML

Obviously you should not fly in a NFZ. You can over ride that via the GO app if you just want to get it off the ground in your backyard for a quick test. Or you can roll back the f/w.

Through all the F/W updates that have been offered since mid-February, I've had zero problems with updating through Go 4 over WiFi. My entire wired and wireless network chain is all Apple and my interweb connection is via Comcast.

I guess I'm really lucky.

When I first got mine a few months ago I had the same problem and read about moving the r/c away from the AC. I use a 3 foot USB cable and put my phone near the router, the r/c at the end of the cable, and the AC on the other side of the room. Haven't had a problem since I started doing it that way.

Reactions: Qoncussion
I've got same problem with battery..two LED s on 3rd day.any ideas?

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan