DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Message, "aircraft settings updated to comply with national regulations"

digdat0

Reactions
I got this message before takeoff today, "aircraft settings updated to comply with national regulations". I have auto updates turned off and have chosen to not update firmware. I'm on DJI GO 4.0.8 and the .400 firmware. After getting this message, OA randomly stops me mid flight when nothing is in front of me. Happened multiple times, never once before. I'm flying over water and nothing for a long ways.

Anyone else get this message?? I'm visiting Hawaii (live in Oregon) and have flown 10 times here no issues. I am not in a new country, and the last 10 flights were fine. After seeing this message OA is seriously stopping me mid flight when there are no obstacles. Never had that happen before. It was flying just fine before.

I would like to know what was updated or changed, or if others are seeing this. Makes me wonder what changed,

T4zTIEs.jpg

Yes, I regularly get this message since I'm travelling various countries.
You get it once the GPS detects you are in a different country.
Has nothing to do with the vision system

I got this message before takeoff today, "aircraft settings updated to comply with national regulations". I have auto updates turned off and have chosen to not update firmware. I'm on DJI GO 4.0.8 and the .400 firmware. After getting this message, OA randomly stops me mid flight when nothing is in front of me. Happened multiple times, never once before. I'm flying over water and nothing for a long ways.

Anyone else get this message?? I'm visiting Hawaii (live in Oregon) and have flown 10 times here no issues. I am not in a new country, and the last 10 flights were fine. After seeing this message OA is seriously stopping me mid flight when there are no obstacles. Never had that happen before. It was flying just fine before.

I would like to know what was updated or changed, or if others are seeing this. Makes me wonder what changed,

T4zTIEs.jpg

No updates here also.
Mavic .600
App 4.0.8

I got this message when I went away for the weekend (York 90 mile away).
This was the first time I had flew my mavic from my usual place.
First flight back home at my usual place the message appears again.
That was the only 2 times I have had it.No issues with OA just the usual documented sun issue.

Reactions: digdat0
4.0.8. .400 for me and yes OA also stops me. Not really stops me but beeps continually till I stop.

That's what I pondered too, but Hawaii isn't a different country, still in the US.

Flying towards the sun is a common cause of OA stopping you ....it's reading the sun as an obstacle. Numerous threads on this.

I recorded the sunset on one battery and landed. Started up second battery and this message, then flew. The sun was past the horizon and was not in the sky, plus I was flying the other direction. Maybe not related, but it wasn't sun and wind was zero. Maybe a mosquito ;)

No updates here also.
Mavic .600
App 4.0.8

I got this message when I went away for the weekend (York 90 mile away).
This was the first time I had flew my mavic from my usual place.
First flight back home at my usual place the message appears again.
That was the only 2 times I have had it.No issues with OA just the usual documented sun issue.

Thanks .. must just be me in Hawaii then. Odd cause I've flown for a week no issues. Thanks for he reply scooot.

I got that message too im still on 200 firmware and never connect to the internet. I got it the first time i linked my goggles so it must have came from them

I've gotten the occasional false positive obstacle avoidance even before I updated my app and firmware . As everyone else said the messages are from you traveling to a different place doesn't have to be outside the Country

When your in another country can you still fly normally ?

Sure. Everywhere I've been from China, downtown Singapore, Japan, Malaysia, Germany, Hongkong, Switzerland, etc.
It's been flying normally everywhere so far. Even in Tokyo, where you are not supposed to fly anywhere...

I wonder if that means it’s switching from ce to fcc mode? Fcc mode = more power ce mode is ltd power

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jlhdez