DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Micro SD card

Hi Guys,

Yesterday I bought below mentioned SD. What do you think? Does this useful for 4K recordings?

Sandisk microSDXC 64GB Extreme Pro 95MB/s Class 10 UHS-I - SDSDQXP-064G-G46A

Regards,

Hi Guys,

Yesterday I bought below mentioned SD. What do you think? Does this useful for 4K recordings?

Sandisk microSDXC 64GB Extreme Pro 95MB/s Class 10 UHS-I - SDSDQXP-064G-G46A

Regards,
That should work. Based on the model number (SDSDQXP-064G-G46A), that is a U3 card.

I have both Lexar and Samsung 128GB microSD cards. They are U3. Both work great.

I went on a photography day with Dave Rolfe, who is a National Geographic (and has contributed to many award winning) documentaries. He never uses anything bigger than a 16mb card as he claims the larger the card the more prone to failure. Like someone else said, small and many.

Reactions: RogFed
I went on a photography day with Dave Rolfe, who is a National Geographic (and has contributed to many award winning) documentaries. He never uses anything bigger than a 16mb card as he claims the larger the card the more prone to failure. Like someone else said, small and many.
Technically true.

To simply put it...just can't be assed with the small many card method.

You meant 16GB card right? Otherwise basically 1 to 2 pictures per card. :eek:

To expand on the "failure" part, it's not that the SD cards are actually more prone to fail at higher GB, but the risk involving using higher storage cards. If you have a 128GB card in your DSLR, it could hold over 5,000 pictures even when shooting in RAW. At JPG, it could hold over 30,000 pictures. If your card can hold that many, you could get lazy and not offload from the SD card until it gets nearly full, which could take weeks/months/years. Where as, with a 16GB card, you have to change out the card much more frequently. Since you have to back up more often, there is a less chance of failure. Many casual photographers might not offload pics from their SD card for several months.

I've always used a 16GB card or smaller for my DSLR. Until last year. I finally got two 32GB cards. Mainly because I found myself shooting a lot of videos, and they eat up a lot of storage really fast. Which leads me to:

With videos, it's the same but different. The file size of a typical 4K video is much larger than a still photo. You want to take the same concept though and offload from your Mavic frequently. It's roughly 32GB per hour of 4K footage, so a 128GB can hold about 4 hours of video. Some people can fill that up in a day. I'd say that a 128GB card for a Mavic would be equivalent to a 16GB for a DSLR.

Reactions: darren6270
Hi guys,

I need your advice for buying new microSD.

What about Sandisk Extreme Pro 64GB - 95MB/s , Class 10, U3, V30?

If you have any other advices, please tell me.

I would like to have C4K or 4K videos in my vacation. This is the reason!

Regards,
If you get Extreme Pro Plus it's a bit faster (100MB/s), and price very similar

To simply put it...just can't be assed with the small many card method.
I'm pretty much the same. Have a couple of 16's, four or five 32's and a couple of 64's. But I also try and download to my phone asap after each flight and upload to flickr etc to store online just in case

You meant 16GB card right? Otherwise basically 1 to 2 pictures per card. :eek:

To expand on the "failure" part, it's not that the SD cards are actually more prone to fail at higher GB, but the risk involving using higher storage cards. If you have a 128GB card in your DSLR, it could hold over 5,000 pictures even when shooting in RAW. At JPG, it could hold over 30,000 pictures. If your card can hold that many, you could get lazy and not offload from the SD card until it gets nearly full, which could take weeks/months/years. Where as, with a 16GB card, you have to change out the card much more frequently. Since you have to back up more often, there is a less chance of failure. Many casual photographers might not offload pics from their SD card for several months.

I've always used a 16GB card or smaller for my DSLR. Until last year. I finally got two 32GB cards. Mainly because I found myself shooting a lot of videos, and they eat up a lot of storage really fast. Which leads me to:

With videos, it's the same but different. The file size of a typical 4K video is much larger than a still photo. You want to take the same concept though and offload from your Mavic frequently. It's roughly 32GB per hour of 4K footage, so a 128GB can hold about 4 hours of video. Some people can fill that up in a day. I'd say that a 128GB card for a Mavic would be equivalent to a 16GB for a DSLR.
Yes apologies I meant gig, i remember the first digital cameras where a 16 meg card was so impressive and cost hundreds of pounds ha ha

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tenakeetwo