DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Micro USB to Lightning Connector is fragile!

BogSpores

Reactions
So I've been flying and having a great experience with the Mavic for the past two weeks! Until yesterday, when I somehow pinched or damaged the small (short) black Micro USB cable to Lightning Connector and now my IPhone (and iPad) won't connect through this cable... Yes, they work fine using the bottom regular USB port... And, I plugged an android device into the micro USB port using the second small cable just to confirm my controller wasn't bad and the android cable works fine... So, I ordered a spare Controller and two additional small cables knowing how fragile they must be... BTW, there's no visible damage to my little cable other than a small "hump" or slight "crease" on the length of cable... Just an FYI and a note to self to seriously baby this cable!

Reactions: tony56shooter
Wow...am I ever disappointed... So, I ordered a spare iPhone cable from DJI store AND a spare $300 remote controller to fix my problem... both items arrived today...

The cable is the wrong one...fits Android...ugh! Opened controller box and found two cables...NEITHER fit my iPhone 6s! Double UGH! What gives? Did I get the "only" iPhone 6s cable in existence when I received my original Mavic Pro?... guess my destiny is to use the bottom USB connection with a regular lightning cable wound up in a tight circle, goofy looking and all below my phone... ah well...

And, the controller box clearly says " Made for iPhone"...two cables, neither fit?

Last edited:
Wow...am I ever disappointed... So, I ordered a spare iPhone cable from DJI store AND a spare $300 remote controller to fix my problem... both items arrived today...

The cable is the wrong one...fits Android...ugh! Opened controller box and found two cables...NEITHER fit my iPhone 6s! Double UGH! What gives? Did I get the "only" iPhone 6s cable in existence when I received my original Mavic Pro?... guess my destiny is to use the bottom USB connection with a regular lightning cable wound up in a tight circle, goofy looking and all below my phone... ah well...

And, the controller box clearly says " Made for iPhone"...two cables, neither fit?

I would be willing to swap cables with you I have an Android phone so I don't need the other cables

Please let me know if your interested.

Ron

He

Reactions: swooshdave
See. Problem solved. There must be tons of unused cable in the community. Most people have at least two unless they are running multiple devices.

See. Problem solved. There must be tons of unused cable in the community. Most people have at least two unless they are running multiple devices.

Well no one has said yes yet. Still waiting to hear if he's interested

My iPhone cable was faulty right from the box. Had regular connection problems. With the bottom port, it works fine. It’s a bit anoying tough.

My iPhone cable was faulty right from the box. Had regular connection problems. With the bottom port, it works fine. It’s a bit anoying tough.

Hi locoman

Yes we can make the trade. On my way to work now but we can discuss how and when after I get home . I live in Riverside Ca so we are in different time zones but I should be home around 6 pm your time.

Not sure how to PM to you but if you want to PM me we can work this out.

Thanks . Ron

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magic31