DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini-1 Price Data Point

Chaosrider

Reactions
At $195, I'm currently the high bidder for a Mini-1 Fly More Combo on eBay. I haven't been on eBay in decades.

I don't expect to win it at that price, but just watching the bidding will be educational for me about the current real world market price for the Mini-1.

Updates as developments warrant!

:cool:

TCS

Why not just look at completed auctions to get a feel for the range? It seems like $175-$200 is about right with some lower and some higher.

Reactions: dozzn
Why not just look at completed auctions to get a feel for the range? It seems like $175-$200 is about right with some lower and some higher.
I was never big into eBay, and this is my first venture into those murky waters for a long, long time. I don't know the command sequence for doing that search, although it might be obvious if I looked.

$175 - $200 seems right to me for a basic kit, but this is for the full Fly More Combo, which I would expect to be more.

But with the Mini SE now out, and the Mini-3 emerging out of the fog as possibly real, perhaps that's starting to have a tangible impact on Mini-1 resale prices.

If I can get a full Fly More Combo for $195, I'll consider that a great deal. More than that...dunno...

Part of the value of this exercise for me is to see what *my* actual price point is!

TCS

I was never big into eBay, and this is my first venture into those murky waters for a long, long time. I don't know the command sequence for doing that search, although it might be obvious if I looked.

$175 - $200 seems right to me for a basic kit, but this is for the full Fly More Combo, which I would expect to be more.

But with the Mini SE now out, and the Mini-3 emerging out of the fog as possibly real, perhaps that's starting to have a tangible impact on Mini-1 resale prices.

If I can get a full Fly More Combo for $195, I'll consider that a great deal. More than that...dunno...

Part of the value of this exercise for me is to see what *my* actual price point is!

It seems like you are approaching this with blinders. There are plenty of data points available at your finger tips and it is not murky waters by any stretch. Plus, your one transaction is really not representative of the market considering the volume of data available.

You can find complete combo for less than $200.

$157

$163

There are also examples north of $200......

$221

It seems like you are approaching this with blinders.
No, I'm just approaching it casually, with no hint of urgency! Whenever possible, that's my preferred mode of operation...

I checked just now, and the first two were "bidding has closed", and the third one was "listing has ended". Perhaps that means I have to check all the time to find good listings. If that's true, perhaps I'll do that.

Perhaps, I should offer a $20 bounty to anyone who finds a Mini-1 More Fly Combo for sale for under $200, from a source that's at least nominally reliable, in time for me to buy it.

But thanks for the samples!

:)

TCS

At $195, I'm currently the high bidder for a Mini-1 Fly More Combo on eBay. I haven't been on eBay in decades.

I don't expect to win it at that price, but just watching the bidding will be educational for me about the current real world market price for the Mini-1.

Updates as developments warrant!

TCS
I've sold on e-bay for years. In my experience, the heated bidding really go up within the final days and last hours before the listing expires. Make a bid just before the final closing and try to make it a bit higher than the previous bid. It's a big game.

Dale
Miami

It's really the last few minutes, not days and hours before the end. You could always enter your highest bid that you are willing to go. That way someone else out there bidding against you, might think, as each time they enter a bid and it gets topped by your automatic highest bid, that you are prepared to just keep going up and they may get cold feet and stop bidding before it reaches your max. bid point. It's not rocket science, if I can do it, you can also.

I've sold on e-bay for years. In my experience, the heated bidding really go up within the final days and last hours before the listing expires. Make a bid just before the final closing and try to make it a bit higher than the previous bid. It's a big game.

Dale
Miami
Thanks, that's consistent with my vague impression of how eBay works.

First I have to decide how much I really want it, and how much I'm willing to pay for it. If I decide that I really want it, I'll do exactly as you suggest.

But another drain on my finances just materialized. About 10 months ago, I ordered a Starlink dish, and I just got notified that mine is finally available. $500 for the dish, and probably another $100 for the installation.

This may not be the best time for me to get another drone...

Have any of you tried Starlink? I've heard mixed reviews, glowing commentary about what it *can* do in the future, and somewhat more restrained commentary about how well it works now.

Still, I've got HughesNet now, so improving on my current status is a pretty easy task...

;-)

TCS

I tried ebay, bidding for a drone related item. I was successful in the auction, then the seller informed ebay that the item was no longer available but then contacted me to say it was available still and pay by bank draft. I then complained to ebay asking why this state of affairs can exist. Not happy with their answer. Now I haven't been near ebay since.

I tried ebay, bidding for a drone related item. I was successful in the auction, then the seller informed ebay that the item was no longer available but then contacted me to say it was available still and pay by bank draft. I then complained to ebay asking why this state of affairs can exist. Not happy with their answer. Now I haven't been near ebay since.
Yeah, unless I'm getting something from a known established seller or re-seller, I'm going to pay using PayPal.

Although that two has limits.

About a decade ago someone got hold of my PayPal credit card, and charged a bunch of pizzas in some obscure Oregon town that I'd never heard of, and had certainly never been to.

I expected PayPal to refund that money, and so they did...three months later.

A refund delayed is a refund denied...

That's why my preference would be to buy from someone on this list, who's been around for a while. It's a kind of QA on the potential seller.

;-)

TCS

Yeah, unless I'm getting something from a known established seller or re-seller, I'm going to pay using PayPal.

Although that two has limits.

About a decade ago someone got hold of my PayPal credit card, and charged a bunch of pizzas in some obscure Oregon town that I'd never heard of, and had certainly never been to.

I expected PayPal to refund that money, and so they did...three months later.

A refund delayed is a refund denied...

That's why my preference would be to buy from someone on this list, who's been around for a while. It's a kind of QA on the potential seller.

;-)

TCS
I should have pointed out that I told the seller to "go forth and multiply somewhere else". (Paypal refunded me immediately).

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sdober