DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini pro 3 Camera alignment.

snappyfish

Reactions
Hi,

New here. I have just purchased this used and wondered if the camera is in the correct position. The spacing looks different on either side in between red circles... And in web images, it looks more central.

It's my first drone purchased used. Thanks

IMG_20230616_015247.jpg

What I'm seeing on the web

FireShot Capture 107 - DJI Mini 3 Pro, Lightweight Foldable Camera Drone with 4K_60fps Video_ ...png

The sensors on top have the same configuration as the camera mounts. It looks like your angle for this picture needs to go more to the right.
Yes possibly. Looks thicker one-sided on right here, pic from the web.

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 10
Yes possibly. Looks thicker one-sided on right here, pic from the web.
That's not a head-on image either. And the camera isn't aligned with the gimbal, either.

If you really want to see if the gap is the same on both sides, use a feeler gauge. If you don't have one, see how many pieces of paper you can stack and fit into the gaps. But even if they are different, does that indicate a problem? So, I suggest you not spend any time with measurements.

Does the gimbal perform properly and tilt upward and downward smoothly? If so. fly it and enjoy it.

I've tried to take a photo of mine from the same angle/perspective/focal length for comparison. Yours does look to be offset a bit.
20230616_102418.jpg
The black cylindrical parts either side of the camera have tabs that hook into rubber vibration damping mounts. Check these are properly engaged on both sides. If they're not properly seated it could push the gimbal mechanism off to 1 side.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kasperskyy