DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini USB Connection

wsteele

Reactions
A lot has been written in the past about problems connecting the iPhone to the controller with the supplied cable from the mini USB port. I’m confused about where any resolution stands.

I ordered and connected a new upgraded braided cable this week between the mini USB port and the lightning port and the following are my results.

Blue Tooth off, video goes blank about once a minute. I restore it by restarting DJI Go 4 app or unplugging and reconnecting cable.

Blue tooth off, Airplane mode on, video seems constant but no internet to upgrade maps, etc.

When I use the USB port on the bottom of the controller to the lightning connector, the video and other functions work consistently.

I did try the Drone Director App with the new braided cable and with Bluetooth off and Airplane mode off and I maintained a video connection to my iPhone for 15 minutes when I ended the test.

Is it just my controller and “old flat” or “new braided” cable problems or has everybody just defaulted to use of the USB port on the bottom of the controller.

Using the DJI micro usb to lightening cable without issues, I did pick up a similar cable, but 8" for the Spsrk controller. I’m new on site, Not aware of the cable issue but sounds like a faulty cable or damaged micro-USB socket. I’m in IT and that sounds similar to our issues when micro-sub socket damaged or low grade cable used with bad crimping at terminal. Good Luck!

Reactions: wsteele
The dji usb cable is fragile. I am using a Belkin 4 inches braided lightning to usb cable and connect to the usb port from the right hand side (with my iphone in different orientation where the lens slotted next to the controller body). It worked very well. This way you waste very little time to connect your phone to the controller. Never have any lost connection issue.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twixer_bear