DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Minimum temperature

The compass is less reliable as you go farther north, of course, but I've never even been prompted to calibrate the compass in the Mavic since I bought it.
Now I recall that it was magnetic north that is less reliable. Thanks for the reminder.

I have a photographers vest with lots of pockets for batteries. With it under my coat, my body heat keeps them warm.

Biggest problem will probably be the forming of ice on the props even before 0C/34F. Whith a lot of humidity in the air and temperatures close to or under freezing be aware of that. It can crash your aircraft in no time.

No new record by me, I still have not flown on the extremely cold Mars with his light atmosphere, maybe next time will try the adventure, have flown on Earth, around mountains, with - 15° C and less, under costant strong wind (estimated more than 60 km/h, hundreds meters up, about 2 km far away, without problems for aircraft.
The big problems was my cold hands, but I have bought (later) a proctective chamber were to insert remote controller and hands.
Need to store the batteries in a bag, as those thermic for picnic, with some warm bags inside.
Also those hot water bags to keep humans warm, well perform their function here.

Biggest problem will probably be the forming of ice on the props even before 0C/34F. Whith a lot of humidity in the air and temperatures close to or under freezing be aware of that. It can crash your aircraft in no time.

Here in Colorado I have never had any icing issues (air is generally pretty dry) but I could see this being an issue when temperature and dew point are much closer.

No new record by me, I still have not flown on the extremely cold Mars with his light atmosphere, maybe next time will try the adventure, have flown on Earth, around mountains, with - 15° C and less, under costant strong wind (estimated more than 60 km/h, hundreds meters up, about 2 km far away, without problems for aircraft.
The big problems was my cold hands, but I have bought (later) a proctective chamber were to insert remote controller and hands.
Need to store the batteries in a bag, as those thermic for picnic, with some warm bags inside.
Also those hot water bags to keep humans warm, well perform their function here.
I hear the rings of Saturn are especially beautiful this time of year.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EwaKrzyzanowska