DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

"Minor Signal Errors" interpretation

rfc

Reactions
Here's a screenshot from Airdata for a very short photo flight I took yesterday:
Screen Shot 2018-03-12 at 7.47.05 PM.png
I used my iPhone because it was at the top of a mountain; didn't want to lug my CS Ultra up there. Big mistake. I almost immediately lost video and got the warning to land or whatever. As you can see I wasn't very far away and not very high either. Do the numbers relate to the losing of the video feed? If so, what might cause them? As I said, I was at the top of a mountain, albeit shooting a party with a lot of folks with phones (with some with wifi hotspots perhaps? Don't know). No other significant sources of signal that I knew of. I'm running 4.1.18 on the iPhone; 01.04.0100 on the A/C.

I've been spoiled by my CS Ultra; it's been rock solid in all respects. Will probably not choose to use the iPhone again.

Do you mean the Mavic Pro was connected via wifi to the iPhone, or was the iPhone connected by wire to the controller? If the latter I fly with an iPhone connected to my controller all the time and don't have any issue with signal. I can't imagine the iPhone having any impact on the controller's signal.

If the former I can't help as I never fly my Mavic Pro via wifi with my iPhone. I only use that for AC setup and whatnot.

Mike

Not wifi. Connected via the usb port with the DJI provided cable. But I'm not familiar with what "Minor Signal Errors" mean. The R/C connection to the A/C, or the Video Signal?

Not wifi. Connected via the usb port with the DJI provided cable. But I'm not familiar with what "Minor Signal Errors" mean. The R/C connection to the A/C, or the Video Signal?
In that case the iPhone was not handling the signal to/fro the aircraft; the RC was. Presumably, any signal error should be between the AC and RC and not AC to iPhone. Maybe a bad cable to the iPhone caused the loss of video?

That said I too do not quite understand Minor Signal Error, at least in concert with total loss of video. I have occasionally gotten interference error messages, but almost never with loss of video--and definitely never that close in range.

Mike

Here's a screenshot from Airdata for a very short photo flight I took yesterday:
View attachment 33443
I used my iPhone because it was at the top of a mountain; didn't want to lug my CS Ultra up there. Big mistake. I almost immediately lost video and got the warning to land or whatever. As you can see I wasn't very far away and not very high either. Do the numbers relate to the losing of the video feed? If so, what might cause them? As I said, I was at the top of a mountain, albeit shooting a party with a lot of folks with phones (with some with wifi hotspots perhaps? Don't know). No other significant sources of signal that I knew of. I'm running 4.1.18 on the iPhone; 01.04.0100 on the A/C.

I've been spoiled by my CS Ultra; it's been rock solid in all respects. Will probably not choose to use the iPhone again.

The signal errors measurement refers simply to lost download data between the aircraft and the remote controller. It has nothing to do with the mobile device that you are using, unless that is interfering directly with the link. Did you have the iPhone wifi on or off.

We’re you using just the standard RC? Standard antennas ? We’re you directly over the RC ?

Had iPhone wifi and cellular off (airplane mode); Bone stock everything; Data shows where A/C was; antennas were up if you're thinking antenna pattern might have been the issue. The question still remains: do those signal numbers relate to the R/C-A/C control link, to the video "backhaul", or both?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jimbod