DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Minor Typo On My 107 Application......??

Reactions: old man mavic
I “think” the above opinions are correct, but why not get the information directly from the FAA at [email protected] ? That way you have some recourse if it ever comes into question. Those guys are very reasonable and supportive. If they say don’t worry about it, keep a copy of that email.
Thanks! I shoot them an email and I'll see what they say. It appears that my certificate # has been issued so I'm not too hopeful my error can be corrected at this point. We'll see.......

Thanks to everyone for all the laughs. I'm still chuckling from some of them!

Last edited:
Reactions: old man mavic
You can make the changes later. You then can go onto FAA.gov and request new plastic for a "lost" certificate (wink wink). Voila new plastic. after you pay $2.00.

Reactions: Dbez1
oooh.....that may mess up your return to home function and your drone will just plummet the rest of the way to the hand catch/landing

For anyone who might have made a similar error....

I emailed the link provided above and they responded within an hour. This is their response:

Since you already submitted your application, I recommend contacting the Airmen Certification Branch directly at (866) 878-2498.

I called and they were very helpful. Their instructions were as follows:

Write a letter detailing the changes and be sure to include application #. Sign the letter and address it to:

Airman Certification Branch
PO Box 25082
Oklahoma City, OK 73125

ATTN: Certification

There is no charge for this.

The FAA at the grass roots level in OK City are as you said "very helpful". I have had only positive interactions in 38 years dealing with them. Glad you had a similar experience. Do not ever be afraid to contact them. I guess I am a "cut to chase" type and calling them direct accomplishes that.

Reactions: Crow Horse
Follow the link below to contact IACRA to correct your application. I found a mistake on mine a week after my exam was submitted and got it corrected before the card was issued. Instead of 73" I had put 63" and I have no idea why. I was able to resolve the issue via email.

Make sure you provide your Application ID and FTN.

Airmen Certification – Contact the Airmen Certification Branch

Reactions: Crow Horse

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ad60