DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MM Nerfed??

SpinRush

Reactions
I installed the new firmware today. Is there an altitude lock now? I made sure my Max Alt was set at 150m as per regulations here. It went up about 30m and then I received a vocal message “Max Altitude Reached”. I was on GPS with about 13 sats on me.

There was a Strong Wind Warning and it was legitimate because I could feel a soft breeze even on the ground. I was still very surprised. I couldn’t even get about the trees.

This MM is really weak in the wind. It’s probably best to tie down the props and wait for Summer. I think it needs dead heat and a windless day.

My Mavic Air wins.

Well, the easy explanation according to the manual is that the height is limited to 30 m when you're not connected to the app or GPS signal is weak and the Downward Vision System is inactive. However, since you're saying you had good GPS connection it doesn't match. Were you fully connected and logged in during the whole flight?

The best course of action is probably to upload the flightdata and see if someone can interpret the logs to figure out what happened.

Is there an altitude lock now? I made sure my Max Alt was set at 150m as per regulations here. It went up about 30m and then I received a vocal message “Max Altitude Reached”. I was on GPS with about 13 sats on me.
No, however there is a small delay when acquiring satellites. if you took off immediately and then climbed to 30 m without having at least 8 satellites, it's expected. As soon as you got 8 it will set the max altitude as it's set in the app.

For a better example I'm pasting a screenshot from the airdata site with one of the flights. All show the same behavior in the first 30 seconds.
1578304830597.png

As you can see, initially after takeoff you have the limit of 30 m, then after 19 seconds when it has a minimum of 8 satelites, the max altitude is set to 120m. This is done automatically, without opening the app.

You can check this yourself if you register a free airdata account and upload your logs. Then go to the data and time of the flight in the menu and on notifications for that flight.

Reactions: hiflyer201

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andrefu