DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MOA/NFZ resolution

Jeremy Stanley

Reactions
DJI's website shows giant overlapping circles for restricted airspace areas.
Screen_Shot_2017_05_21_at_6_46_28_PM.png

I want to fly in an area that's overlapped by a giant circle labeled "MOA SEVIER B". According to other maps, that area is not actually part of the MOA. For example, AIRMAP shows the actual size and shape of the MOAs.
Screen_Shot_2017_05_21_at_6_45_41_PM.png

So which of these maps more closely resembles the actual geofencing built into the drone or DJI GO app? Is it going to restrict me or require Internet access to fly?

I check two different DJI map sources for Thailand and they are different. One shows only the major airports with 9km NFZ. DJI - Fly Safe: No Fly Zones. If this data is used to prevent flights inside NFZ, I'm not too worried. If new data is added without verification, things might get difficult.

Reactions: Blades
I am looking at the sectional chart for that area and it appears the bottom picture you posted is more correct in showing the MOA. There is a small airport at Wendover, but it is Class E from 700 up. There is a military flight route crossing between R-6404 A and R-6406 A, but I don't see that being an issue if you aren't flying near that. Just be aware that this is a large MOA and there could be low flying military craft in the area. Fly safe.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hiinthesky